Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Stupid mistakes from Delph and Walker cost us today. It wasnt Anthony Taylor's fault (even though the manner in which he gave the red was ridiculous) and it wasn't the team selection either.

My main complaint with the red is that we've seen repeatedly worse tackles than that go unpunished on our players. Referees have to be more consistent on this.

Fucking Wigan, again!

At the game I thought it was a red, but I was on the back row, and now I've seen it on TV it didn't look as bad. I was amazed and happy when I saw the yellow out, but lo-and-behold out came the red from the rag. Seemed to get a message in his ear. Or remembered the script.

From then on it was a struggle on that shit pitch against a team who tbf fought for everything.

The goal was a joke though and when the current offside rule becomes a farce and impossible for defenders as the guy with Walker was offside but because he left it suddenly Grigg's away.. When it's not your night that shit happens.

Fuck it. We go again and hopefully we make Arsenal pay on Sunday.

Taylor tonight has took it too a whole new level so credit to him for that.

Bossed the game, even more so with 10 men and missed a few chances but in reality, we just didn't work their keeper enough and as is the luck, they get one chance, the striker actually slips hitting it but it still goes in.

Over the loss already but that ref?

It would pretty much match my summary. Its hard to moan at this season but its so frustrating that we have so much posession, create so many chances and yet with minimal possession they score and create a couple of chances early on.

It did feel like we were destined to lose tonight. Still onwards and upwards. Promised myself I was going to enjoy football more as during Pellers time I was getting so pissed off and was failing to fully enjoy the best time to be a blue.

If things go right on Sunday of even when we win the league this blip will long be forgotten.

I actually thought Silva had one of his poorest performances tonight - left a lot of his passes short and rarely opened them up. We looked more of a threat when Kev came on. David will be fine but is a little off at the moment - understandable given his circumstances. To be fair Walker made an error and that ended up costing us the game but he's been magnificent so far. We really need a result on Sunday just to put some silverware in the cupboard - reward for playing possibly the best few months of football ever played.
IMO David Silva was pretty controlled and played some beautiful passes eg to Sergio in first half. (Had Sergio been out to the fast food restaurant with Benjamin for his birthday? He looked sluggish). Sane looked rusty. I think David Silva might have found a way through their packed penalty area, he is world class.

How Danilo stayed on I don't know, IMO he is the worst player in our side. Walker did make an error, not seeing Griggs but he showed incredible pace to catch him up and put him under pressure, Stones was yards off the pace. I think Ederson might have done better seeing the run and getting better angles? but who knows?

IMO we didn't learn the lesson from Rochdale v Spurs. Lower league sides have been hugely competitive, against us; partly because we rested key players: KDB, Ota, Walker, Sterling and (perhaps understandably?) Ederson.

We did play like utter garbage......when kdb came on we played like we had brains for about 5mins. Was shockingly bad!

I don't condone any fan throwing anything at anyone but having been at away games over the last 30 years i will wager that those same police tonight on the receiving end threw first if you get my drift because that is what they do.

Instead of making sure the Wigan fans who acted illegally by being on the litch were dealt with they would have took the easy option of swinging at a few Blues and it escalates.

4th official at Wembley loss
Reffed the QF loss
Reffed tonight.

That's some fucking coincidence.

Dont ever forget he coup de gras.......Chelsea at home which saw him really get his red card out and yes, we lost that too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.