Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Why do we keep struggling with lower league opposition, we don't seem to get it when we play them.
We were awful against Wolves, Bristol, Cardiff and predictably again Wigan.

Not one mention of the tackle on Sergio on any media outlet! Oh the amount of times radio 5 saying quadruple is over I’ve lost count the bias reporting is scandalous

We lost so what, in some ways we will benefit hopefully as it means less games. We are having a wonderful season though you would not think it from this forum

Two things.

This wasn't terrible game by City it was slightly rusty from some players but it was basically attack vs defence the whole game. They did nothing new, they just packed their penalty box and dove in the way of every shot, tugged and barged every City attacker at every opportunity... Not that I blame Wigan as it's the only chance they had of getting anything. What I want to know is do these pundits not get bored of giving so much over the top praise for the same old thing? (Rochdale against Spurs was more of a surprise because they didn't use those tactics, they tried to take the game to them) Giving credit to the team who came out at half time knowing they'd only have to face 10 men and they still got dominated and managed one attack on the counter with our defenders pushed up to the half way line for the majority of the half to boot.

Secondly I don't care what anyone says the red card decision was a disgrace the amount of dangerous challenges that we've had against us that didn't get a red card when they should have and the bastards give one for a yellow card challenge at best? They should have to answer for it, if they had given reds for the hatful of genuine red card fouls it wouldn't be so bad but this seems like it's a deliberate "fuck you City" from the FA for having the audacity to complain about incompetent/bent officials putting players at risk. The ball was bouncing so that's why his foot was raised, that's the main shout they had to defend the decision defeated right there, also it's his trailing leg where the contact came(studs did not come into contact with the player).. another reason why it's not a red - along with the intent not being there to take the player out. The player flailing on the floor and his team mates new exactly what they were doing... selling a decision to the ref.

It was borderline red. I would have wanted it. Wigan's players surrounded the referee and one actually barged into him. If they do not get charged for this then it is clearly permitted again and we should adopt these tactics at every poor tackle going forward.

No doubt the FA will ban Serg for two years and stop us playing anymore cup ties at home ! Oh wait we never get drawn at home anyway. Lol

Just one of those games.
However domestic away form now becoming a worry.

We have a great first 11 and our squad has improved but a few of the stand ins just ain’t doing it. Gundoghan is anonymous - playing poorly, Bernardo is technically great but often ineffective and Danillo is hit and miss but mainly miss. We had all the ball last night but were content to roll it sideways in front of them. KDB was the only one with the guts to try to commit and get beyond them but he needed a rest and yet again he had to come on because we look utterly lost without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.