Talksport

we haven't made it in the slightest. If we had, Wigan would have been down to 10 early doors, Delph would have been excused and we would have won comfortably.

If we'd made it, the refs would be in our pocket, not the rags. We're no further on as an entity than we were in 2012, we just played better football to get away with it in the league, now the hatchet jobs will begin in all cup comps just to stop us having a truly great season that would grow our brand enough to force them to accept us.

It’s mainly reaction to our defeat the conquering of the referees will take much longer.

It’s mainly reaction to our defeat the conquering of the referees will take much longer.

it's the same reaction for the past 10 years, the difference is it's rarer because on the pitch we've managed to pull through despite the hatchet job. Last season the laughing dulled because they just continually rubbed their hands as we dropped points in the league and went out of the CL early because the refs did a job on us. This year we've miraculously survived 9/10 leg breaking tackles, we've just got lucky that our season wasn't killed by that attempted job on us and that we didn't let it rile us and got the job done, until last night. Now the precedent has been set that any time we go off our feet we'll get red, whilst the opponents can hack our knees and get away with it. They're laughing because we're too weak and impotent to dish the dirt and give them what's coming to them. The club has no answer on the level it's prepared to go to.

That would be the Carabao Cup Final? A different competition?? Did they also call for Wigan to be kicked out of the FA Cup after being unable to control their fans and provide a safe pitch for the players? Thought not.

The funny thing is, I listened to TalkSport all the way home after the match last night and then again on the way to work. They had two night time jocks last night who did the usual shock-jock thing: one said that Aguero shouldn't have hit out, the other said that he had every right to. They discussed the crowd trouble and the agreed narrative was that it shouldn't have happened, and there were plenty of comments about it being Wigan's fault.

This morning consisted of an interview which they kept repeating where Mark Halsey spoke up quite passionately for Aguero. Their survey showed 80% also supported him. I heard no presenters, or callers, saying he should be banned, although to keep the audience interested I'm sure there would have been some daft caller put on to stoke the fires.

People seem to listen to this station, ignore 90% of it, and then get outraged at a single caller or comment by a moron. They then transfer this outrage to the entire station. Confirmation bias at its purest.

Reading the comments in this thread makes realise that it was the right decision in stopping listening to the station a few seasons back. At times it is funny but it doesn't do my blood pressure any good at all.

Last edited:
Reading the comments in this thread makes realise that it was the right decision in stopping listening to the station a few seasons back. At times it is funny but it doesn't do my blood pressure any good at all.

Me too, on the very odd occasion I resort to it in the car but it seldom lasts more than a few minutes before I have to quickly put Smooth on for half an hour in order to return my blood pressure to normal.

Me too, on the very odd occasion I resort to it in the car but it seldom lasts more than a few minutes before I have to quickly put Smooth on for half an hour in order to return my blood pressure to normal.

Same with the BBC and all their football programmes (especially with their coverage last night). Football coverage in this country has become a complete joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.