Positive Thread

All we have to do is delete the words "domination" " quadruple" "treble" etc from our discourse and we will enjoy our football a lot more than we currently seem to be doing in spite of watching one of the best teams this country has known while looking to even more improvements in the summer.
What we can be sure of in the coming seasons is that we will always be there or thereabouts, fighting for trophies amongst the elite teams of this country and Europe.
I don't know about anybody else but that will do for me.

Last edited:
All we have to do is delete the words "domination" " quadruple" "treble" etc from our discourse and we will enjoy our football a lot more than we currently seem to be doing in spite of watching one of the best teams this country has known while looking to evenmor

It's simple: talk about a double when yer have the first one, the treble when you've won two, and the last one when yer have netted the first three. It's Raggy beyond belief that we get into talking of multiple trophies before we have secured the first.

Aguero cracking a wigan fan, delph sent off, pep ranting in the tunnel, ederson shoving off paul cook, city fans rowing with the coppers and singing blue moon.

Not the worst day tbh.

It's simple: talk about a double when yer have the first one, the treble when you've won two, and the last one when yer have netted the first three. It's Raggy beyond belief that we get into talking of multiple trophies before we have secured the first.
It's all about keeping your expectations realistic. I personally have been pleasantly surprised at the progress we have made on the pitch this season. I honestly didn't expect us to be anywhere near until next season when in my opinion Pep would have had a realistic timespan to mould the team in his image.

Something had to give, you need luck to win cup competitions and we ran out of it tonight, not that we did enough to earn any! Pull together, get that Carabao Cup won and the league and try for a run to the CL final (don't think we have the squad to win it but you never know).
There’s no such thing as luck.

We didn’t run out of “luck” last night. This season hasn’t been lucky, it’s been about hard work, focus, good players and good coaching. “Luck” is preparation meeting opportunity.

“Bad luck” is either a lack of preparation to meet the opportunities that might come or things that happen as a result of not focusing properly or not working hard enough. Last night we were too relaxed, probably had an eye on Sunday, probably thought “they’re in League One so we’ll win this” and we were shit. They worked hard, focused all game and their preparation met the opportunity when Stones was miles out of position and Walker lost focus.

It also wasn’t bad luck that Delph was sent off, it was weak refereeing allowing their players to surround him and influence him.

I’m stuff furious. Will take a few days to get over this one. Three FA Cup draws against them in a row and they’re supposed to be the humble pie eaters yet we seem to be the ones eating it every time we play them. They’re inching up to Boro levels that lot of gawby inbreds.

But it’s still been a fantastic season and there are great things ahead!

There’s no such thing as luck.

We didn’t run out of “luck” last night. This season hasn’t been lucky, it’s been about hard work, focus, good players and good coaching. “Luck” is preparation meeting opportunity.

“Bad luck” is either a lack of preparation to meet the opportunities that might come or things that happen as a result of not focusing properly or not working hard enough. Last night we were too relaxed, probably had an eye on Sunday, probably thought “they’re in League One so we’ll win this” and we were shit. They worked hard, focused all game and their preparation met the opportunity when Stones was miles out of position and Walker lost focus.

It also wasn’t bad luck that Delph was sent off, it was weak refereeing allowing their players to surround him and influence him.

I’m stuff furious. Will take a few days to get over this one. Three FA Cup draws against them in a row and they’re supposed to be the humble pie eaters yet we seem to be the ones eating it every time we play them. They’re inching up to Boro levels that lot of gawby inbreds.

But it’s still been a fantastic season and there are great things ahead!
If there's no such thing, why is there a word for it?

I agree we should still beat them even 10 v 12, but for the amount of shots we had that we're blocked, you would expect one or two to rebound or deflect into an advantageous position, but every time it went safe.

The foul on Bernardo was a clear penalty but Wigan got lucky that the ref and lino didn't see it.

I have a hell of a lot of whisky in stock. Fuck the whisky glass to, bottle of aberfeldy right next to me. The cork got flung because it ain't going back in anyway.

I should note a fucking javascript tool has given me hassle all sodding day, i just paid 2k to my server hosting company to fill my spare parts bin (raid card, cpu and ram + 2 disks) which is all cash into redundancy. Which as you know is a massive waste, until you need it! Had to be done but doesn't exactly make me want to dance like a fucking butterfly.

Footy = shite
work = shite
bank account funds = shite

All in all, not my finest day
Nice bottle of whiskey though:-p

For me, the positive is that Liverpool are no longer the only domestic team to have beaten us this season. Now they have to share their "we beat man city" trophy with Wigan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.