Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

It would be a great achievement but a huge opportunity spurned.

You look at each trophy individually the way we look like we may win the league is the greatest league win ever and I’ll be ecstatic with that. Look at the season as a whole and if we only win one trophy, yes, I’ll be disappointed. So will Pep!

No, the only trophy I really care about, although it would be nice with a couple more of course!

The Prem and the CL are the only trophies that matter. The League Cup and the FA Cup are nice-to-haves, as additions to the other two but in isolation they mean nothing, especially to City. We haven't spent £1bn or whatever the total is these days to win League and FA Cups. Arsenal have won 3 of the last 4 FA Cups and the fans want Wenger out, because an FA Cup win these days means nothing to any team with aspirations of greatness. An FA Cup win for a Brighton, a Southampton or even Spurs who haven't won anything for so long, is something special. For us, United, Chelsea and even Arsenal, it is not.

Winning the Prem is EVERYTHING, no matter what spin the media will try to put on us not winning a quadruple.

No but winning the league only would mean we are a good side but not a great one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.