Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point. Same ref as last season, the FA have drawn their battle lines and our club is incapable of breaking them down.

Another 90 minutes in Wembley watching a hatchet job to derail our season just so we don't look as good in the record books at the rags. Lost all enthusiasm after last night.

A bit left field view but what about a 343:-

Bravo

Ota, kompany, Laporte

Walker, ferna, Kev, Zinchenko/Danilo

Sterling, Aguero, Sané

Ederson
Stones
Zinchenko/Danilo
Gundogan
Silva
Silva
Jesus

It’s a difficult one for the manager. On the one hand, Ederson is clearly the superior keeper and his inclusion, like you say, gives us a greater chance of winning the trophy.

On the other hand, Bravo has played a huge part in us getting to the final, and it might not be good for squad morale to drop him now. We might need to call on Bravo later in the season if Ederson were to get injured, and also it probably sends out a bad signal when trying to recruit a decent back up keeper in future.

Shades of Caballero in 2016, and got a feeling Bravo could be the hero again on Sunday if it goes to penalties.

I understand the logic. Personally I don’t agree with it but will have to live with it. Bravo gives me the shits to be honest every time the ball goes near him. I hope it works out. It did in 16 but Hart wasn’t great by then anyway. For me Ederson is another outfield player which gives us a huge advantage.

Got to get the attitude right this week in training. Some players are going to be angry, some disappointed with their own performances (well most to be honest) so how do they react on Sunday. You wan't 11 with the right attitude not sulkers.
The team
Bravo
Walker
Otamendi
Kompany
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Silva
Sterling
Bernardo
Aguero

I hope the City players are angry after last night because they f*cking should be. Zillions of opportunities but none taken. Every one if them had a chance they fluffed.

My concern with Kompany and Otomendi as a pairing is that they severely lack pace and with us playing a high line that could be trouble. One thing I noticed last night was how slow both Stones and Laporte were to react to the mistake by Walker. I would opt for a paring of Oto and Laporte but it really is a toss of a coin. The other concern was that Sane looked as though he was sulking last night so not sure about him but the advantage he gives is that he can pin back Bellerin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.