Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

What is this strange sick feeling in the gut and nagging gutted feeling in the brain that you get the morning after a bad loss the night before?!?

Forgotten what it’s like
I agree. Just shows how far I thought we'd come as a club, performances like that were consigned to history, or so I thought! Think the last time I felt gutted and stunned like this, the next day, was that Chelsea home game. Who was the ref that day...?

Not great to go out especially when we got the red fir Delph but earlier an unpunished wigan tackle that was knee high happened.

That saud i didnt want a replay either, so now we go on to try and get the league cup, premiership title and hopefully a shot at the champions league

We lack zero penetration in these type of games and when Gundogan and Bernardo are attempting to support Aguero.

According to the Guardian (pre-match), Wigan players and Manager both wanted to be paired with Liverpool and I wondered why on earth they would have wanted that. The penny dropped seeing the game last night. Wigan clearly had a game plan long time in the making and they stuck to it.

These type of games (Newcastle away was another) are utterly useless to the City team in terms of experience and learning. Sh!t on a stick.

I too was disappointed that Silva and not Gundo was subbed off - Gundo is good at fast-paced matches, he is part of the reason for the vertical acceleration, against park the bus teams he is not that much use. Burnley was the exception.

You will know more than us surely ?

But it certainly appears that way,whoever made the decision of giving him another 12 months was having a laugh and wasting money I'm sure you would agree ?

Absolutely.

It would appear Pep made an emotional error of judgement on Yaya, especially as he was out of contract last summer.

We needed a proper replacement for Yaya and another forward, which Pep obviously attempted to rectify in January.

Might need Yaya for penalty shoot-out duties still.

Yes it hurts to get beat by a league 1 team (understatement) but the FA cup was probably lowest on our radar at the moment.
League - 16 points clear
League Cup - Final
Champ's League - On the verge of last 8
Not bad so far (3 defeats, only one of which is terminal)

Absolutely.

It would appear Pep made an emotional error of judgement on Yaya, especially as he was out of contract last summer.

We needed a proper replacement for Yaya and another forward, which Pep obviously attempted to rectify in January.

Might need Yaya for penalty shoot-out duties still.

So a place on the bench then Sunday,in case it is penalties,as for even getting a place on the bench in any CL games seem out of the question,if he can't get on it for Wigan

Does anyone else get the impression Dave doesn't like Taylor, and the feeling is mutual?

Dave never forgets, another one was Clattenburg.

Merlin is obviously an excellent judge of character.
Dave and Sergio in particular seem to get visibly frustrated with the poor decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.