Away form

jimharri

Up to, and including,Newcastle just after Christmas (all competitions);
P 14
W 13 (counting the Leicester CC game as a win)
D 0
L 1 ( the dead rubber in Kharkiv)
Win percentage: 92.8

Since Newcastle (again, all competitions);
P 7
W 3
D 2
L 2
Win percentage: 42.8

Now obviously the pre Christmas stat is over a longer period and may well give a more dependable figure. If the sample period is short enough, you can make anything look ridiculously good or bad. Our away record since last weekend is dreadful, for example. P 1, L 1. But I don't think anyone can deny the form on the road had slipped back. Are teams beginning to figure out how to set up against us on their own patch? Not flapping here, just asking a question.

I think we we’re getting more and more tense as the season goes on. That relaxation due to lack of pressure early doors is where the best football is always played (same under Mancini’s title win, same under Pellegrini’s title win), the biggest scores and biggest wins often happen then too.

Need to stay focused, concentrate, stay composed and work hard in every game.

I made a similar point a fortnight ago, specifically regarding the League games, and Aguero''s goal ratio (Swansea aside).

If anything, Sterling looked a better player by not playing last night, as he seems to score (and miss) the exact type of goal that City were repeatedly trying to create against Wigan, whereas Aguero is never at the far post for the simple tap in.

However, the next away game is Arsenal, so this could easily be a 3-3, 4-3, or 3-4

I don't think there is any coincidence that first half of season we barely changed the team. Now we have to rotate a bit more and form drops off. Simple as that.

After sunday we have 2 competitions left. Could see a return to same team most weeks

P 14
D 0

P 7
W 3
D 2
L 2

Now obviously the pre Christmas stat is over a longer period and may well give a more dependable figure. If the sample period is short enough, you can make anything look ridiculously good or bad. Our away record since last weekend is dreadful, for example. P 1, L 1. But I don't think anyone can deny the form on the road had slipped back. Are teams beginning to figure out how to set up against us on their own patch? Not flapping here, just asking a question.
I don't think so. I really believe it is our own performance that has dipped in the games we didn't win. Maybe thats natural given injuries and the number of fixtures. From now on, I hope that Pep plays our strongest team consistently for every fixture.

I don't think so. I really believe it is our own performance that has dipped in the games we didn't win. Maybe thats natural given injuries and the number of fixtures. From now on, I hope that Pep plays our strongest team consistently for every fixture.
Well; after sunday we'll "only" have two competitions to worry about. That should help.

P 14
D 0

P 7
W 3
D 2
L 2

It has slipped back since Swansea away.

1 goal at Newcastle, 0 at palace and in the end fortunate not to lose that one, no goals last night, 1 at Burnley.

If we don’t score goals we are always vulnerable to concede.

3 clean sheets in 12 and they were against 3 very poor sides in West Brom, Basel and Cardiff.

We need to tighten up and get back to doing what we do best, scoring goals.

we're not taking our chances, and we've been reliant on playing Bernardo on the right too much and having the same midfield/forward line due to a lack of either Jesus, Sane, Dave at various points. We've been getting by but lack consistency up front and lack the options we had at the start of the season. Contrast pigeon-holing Bernardo on the right with the first 5 minutes of the Derby where Sterling and Jesus interchanged and completely bemused them, we haven't had those options available and away from home it's more difficult than at home where teams will settle for their lot a bit more.

The number of good chances that go begging in every match in an indication that players get edgy and snatch at things. Ninety nine times out of a hundred Ferny would have buried that one last night. Just our luck on the night we get the incompetent it's the hundredth!

It has slipped back since Swansea away.

1 goal at Newcastle, 0 at palace and in the end fortunate not to lose that one, no goals last night, 1 at Burnley.

If we don’t score goals we are always vulnerable to concede.

3 clean sheets in 12 and they were against 3 very poor sides in West Brom, Basel and Cardiff.

We need to tighten up and get back to doing what we do best, scoring goals.

If we don't put away the chances we painstakingly create, we are at the mercy of flaky refereeing (to put it mildly!) and a game doesn't seem to go by without us gifting an easy goal at anytime. I posted in the MatchDayApp that a score of 1-3 would just reflect what should have happened - the one for the Pie Eaters being the regular soft 'un. Just a pity we didn't deliver the three!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.