Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

Can't believe what I'm reading here.

Can't believe the question is even being asked.

"only the league" "if all we win is the league"

FFS! Get a grip.

Oh are you in the remember where we came from camp which means we cannot have expectations. We have a world class team who in February was fighting on all 4 fronts. Going out of a cup to Wigan with a favourable home tie in the quarters is poor. If we lose on Sunday to a very very poor arsenal side that would be poor. Champions League is the hardest to win so not the end of the world but after everything into this season winning the league alone may not be as drastic as failure but certainly disappointing.

Playing unbelievable football is all very well and good but there’s no means to an end if it doesn’t yield results.

He won nothing last season and just the Premier League this time with no real opposition (just works in progress) is unacceptable when we were talking about all four competitions just days before.

De Bruyne should’ve started last night, Sane wasn’t fit, Aguero was out of sync etc. Yes, the sending off was a disgrace but going down to ten men can galvanise a side.

We could be looking at one trophy in two seasons if it’s just the Premier League. Not good given the outlay.

Now let’s annihilate Arsenal on Sunday.

Some people!

I think our team is good but not great. Our football can be sublime but has to remain so when the pressure is on at places like Anfield, the Berbabeau and..er...Wigan. We'll get an idea on Sunday whether we can develop into a great team but I don't think we're quite there yet.
Yes my feelings also, we have glaring areas of weakness even after addressing some of them in the summer.

The defenders do not fill me with confidence and we are over reliant on Aguero to get us goals.

Laporte was a strange signing in the January window with Jesus out injured and Sergio left to carry the main striker burden on his own.

No but winning the league only would mean we are a good side but not a great one.
I would go with this post. This team has been amazing all season. Can they get over the line in the other competitions? They have every chance. Come on CITY you can do it!!!

If we "only" won the league on the last day after a hard-fought season-long title race, we'd all be buzzing. Yet here we are on track to win it at a canter while smashing the record books to pieces and some of you reckon it would be a failure! Mental.

I'm thinking what the reaction would have been if we had won 4-0 last night but DeBruyne had turned his ankle over on that shite pitch & was out for 6 weeks.

The same people whining about the ridiculous notion that Pep should start his strongest 11 in every fucking game, would be slagging him off for starting his strongest 11 v Wigan.

Winning the league a failure.

Again I'm thinking that a percentage of City fans are turning into the same self entitled delusional arseholes as rags.

We should actually be delighted even if we were just 1 point in the lead at this stage & looking a decent bet. But winning the fucking thing will be failure if we don't win something else.

Then I suppose if we get two, anything less than a treble will be failure next season.

Absolute fucking shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.