Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Worryingly slow is laporte. Hate slow centre halfs. It's all right having rapid full backs if the stay back but the whole system is geared towards them attacking so they ain't gonna cover much. It's left to ederson to sweep ,and he's damn good at it . system is far from perfect though especially when we lose the ball.

I noticed this in the Bristol game. They were one or two moments when one of our back four was out run in a chase, and at the other end, I've noticed Kun doesn't seem to be able to switch on his afterburner. He used to breeze past ordinary defenders for fun!

Bernado is being played out of position. Its as simple as that.

He isn't getting to the byline nearly enough and doesn't beat a man.

My view is I'm pissed off for him, not with him because he is clearly a central player ala Spanish Dave

didn't realise everyone in my office was a diehard Wigan fan. I always thought based on their conversations this year they were all rags and dippers.

Pace hasn't generally concerned me simply because of Ederson. He defends more than his box and gives us the ability to defend high, even when Kompany plays (who has also lost a yard of pace)

And that's why we are going to lose the milk cup this Sunday. Genuinely don't get how others cannot see that Ederson transforms the team in big way.

Bravo diminishes the team significantly. Adds nothing to outfield play. Makes the backline jittery. Is a hologram in goal. Those praising him for the few shots he has stopped this season please stop already, he is paid to do that.

One shot, one goal. That's Bravo. When you need him to make a difference, when you really, really need him he turns in to a wee mouse. Horrible deja vu last night. PEA will have a field day.

Please, Bravo, call in sick this Sunday and all is forgiven.

Pace hasn't generally concerned me simply because of Ederson. He defends more than his box and gives us the ability to defend high, even when Kompany plays (who has also lost a yard of pace)

I'm just genuinely surprised. I thought he was pretty quick but that last injury has got to him it would seem. Looking at him, he could lose a stone, potentially more.

In respect of Mendy I agree he is key. That said, if keep doing brain fart defending like last night all the pace in the world will matter not.

I do think there is a degree of arrogance in Walker's attitude, reinforced by his incredible pace and upper body strength.

Some players just back themselves, regardless of the apparent odds.

That was such a case last night with Walker. The Wigan lad is hardly a speed merchant and Walker thought he could just catch him, rather than him taking a tactical foul.

It's another reason why I hate our central defenders retreating into our own penalty box (Stones is worst for this) - we make average attacking players suddenly feel emboldened by the spirit of Messi.

We did it against Napoli and conceded a penalty. It makes it even more strange when we are expected to defend so high up. There should always be someone on the cover if the first challenge outside the box is evaded.

And that's why we are going to lose the milk cup this Sunday. Genuinely don't get how others cannot see that Ederson transforms the team in big way.

Bravo diminishes the team significantly. Adds nothing to outfield play. Makes the backline jittery. Is a hologram in goal. Those praising him for the few shots he has stopped this season please stop already, he is paid to do that.

One shot, one goal. That's Bravo. When you need him to make a difference, when you really, really need him he turns in to a wee mouse. Horrible deja vu last night. PEA will have a field day.

Please, Bravo, call in sick this Sunday and all is forgiven.

Certain members of the backline do not need 'making' jittery they do it all by themselves & I don't mean Danilo.

Bravo didn't play v Liverpool.

To be honest I didn't it was a foul.worthy of a booking considering he let the tackle on Kun go without a card as and that was a worse tackle.
But with that bent bastard Taylor in charge you know he will do whatever it takes to fuck us over

I may have been wrong saying it was a red, but it could have been a red.

Like you I do think it was strong and therefore a booking. My relieve when I saw the yellow was based on knowing Taylor was the ref and thought we had given him a decision.

Something needs to be done by the club to bring matters like this in the public and make it a talking point.

In the build up to the final this week Pep should highlight fully the systematic fouling Silva endured under this ref until he had to go off injured.

This than makes it harder for Arsenal to do it as it will be picked up by commentators, fans and be in the refs mind knowing he will be criticised afterwards if he ignores it.

I do think there is a degree of arrogance in Walker's attitude, reinforced by his incredible pace and upper body strength.

Some players just back themselves, regardless of the apparent odds.

That was such a case last night with Walker. The Wigan lad is hardly a speed merchant and Walker thought he could just catch him, rather than him taking a tactical foul.

It's another reason why I hate our central defenders retreating into our own penalty box (Stones is worst for this) - we make average attacking players suddenly feel emboldened by the spirit of Messi.

We did it against Napoli and conceded a penalty. It makes it even more strange when we are expected to defend so high up. There should always be someone on the cover if the first challenge outside the box is evaded.
I agree, Stones’s hesitation in engaging the attacker is very poor defending. Top defenders engage and win the ball. You effectively become a wall, not a retreating sitting duck.

Bernado is being played out of position. Its as simple as that.

He isn't getting to the byline nearly enough and doesn't beat a man.

My view is I'm pissed off for him, not with him because he is clearly a central player ala Spanish Dave

The answer is clear. He's better than Gundogan, who somehow fancies himself as a number ten because he can't be arsed getting close to the action in his actual areas.

Certain members of the backline do not need 'making' jittery they do it all by themselves & I don't mean Danilo.

Bravo didn't play v Liverpool.

Agree with you 100%. Even the more reason then to play Ederson who gives confidence, bails out the likes of Stones and launches attacks deep into enemy territory. I love Stones but since his injury he has reverted to last season's form. Needs to hit gym pronto. Has no sense of danger - dawdling on the ball with strikers breathing down his neck.

Re Ederson v Liverpool, that's the kind of loss I find acceptable - Ederson's risk taking. Unfortunately he found Salah. Not long before that he had destroyed Spuds with a similar approach. It won't come off every game. But Bravo is consistently poor, poor and predictable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.