Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

Oh are you in the remember where we came from camp which means we cannot have expectations. We have a world class team who in February was fighting on all 4 fronts. Going out of a cup to Wigan with a favourable home tie in the quarters is poor. If we lose on Sunday to a very very poor arsenal side that would be poor. Champions League is the hardest to win so not the end of the world but after everything into this season winning the league alone may not be as drastic as failure but certainly disappointing.

No, I'm in the camp that sees winning the league as a success.

You win the league and you are the best in the league, you win a cup and its great but nowhere near as prestigous in my opinion. If anyone believes it would be dissappointing please just go and support the rags

Leicester won the league a few seasons ago.

Pep himself admitted last season was poor. Liverpool and Chelsea have won the Champions League so I don’t understand why we can’t compete for it too.

Barca and Bayern swept everyone aside under Pep. Why are we just accepting one Premier League title in two seasons? It’s almost like we’ve given up the concept of a trophy on Sunday...

We have been brilliant all season ,but this is now the business end of the season , truly great teams step up in Feb/March , League Cup on Sunday , Title all but done by end of March we can then concentrate on Big Ears for the last couple of months of the season ,and because of the season we have had so far and the quality of football then only winning the title would be a slight disappointment but it does sound rather Raggish.

it would be by the press for sure and after the kind of football we have played league on its own would be an under achievement but not failure. Nothing beats a league title.

Pep himself admitted last season was poor. Liverpool and Chelsea have won the Champions League so I don’t understand why we can’t compete for it too.

Barca and Bayern swept everyone aside under Pep. Why are we just accepting one Premier League title in two seasons? It’s almost like we’ve given up the concept of a trophy on Sunday...

Of course we can compete for it, who said we can't?

It's not about just accepting this or that, it's about regarding a season in which we win the league a failure, think about that, just winning the league a failure? Give me a break

The question is whether winning the league would be failure.

Imo we could do without any fans who think it is.

In fact I would go as far as to say that if the majority thought that way, we are basically fucked as a club as we have the biggest bunch of self entitled wankers in football as fans who will never be happy.

Luckly 99% of City fans will be fucking delighted with a Premier League title & see other trophies as a bonus, in pretty much any season.

Playing unbelievable football is all very well and good but there’s no means to an end if it doesn’t yield results.

He won nothing last season and just the Premier League this time with no real opposition (just works in progress) is unacceptable when we were talking about all four competitions just days before.

De Bruyne should’ve started last night, Sane wasn’t fit, Aguero was out of sync etc. Yes, the sending off was a disgrace but going down to ten men can galvanise a side.

We could be looking at one trophy in two seasons if it’s just the Premier League. Not good given the outlay.

Now let’s annihilate Arsenal on Sunday.

UNACCEPTABLE? Hahahahahahaha

No Opposition? And who the fuck has been talking about 4 competitions? The press that's who.

Fuck me what a weapon.

The league is the priority, the CL next and anything else is a bonus. Fuck me talk about entitled. These threads show who hasn't got a grip on reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.