Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

I love how so many people say the FA Cup and League Cup aren't important, then when we go out of one it's suddenly the end of the world.

It's football. There's a reason no one here has ever done the quadruple. Win the league is fabulous, win something else as well is amazing.

You win the league and you are the best in the league, you win a cup and its great but nowhere near as prestigous in my opinion. If anyone believes it would be dissappointing please just go and support the rags
The league is my favourite, the best, most prestigious and most important competition to win. But winning the league and cups together is even more prestigious than winning the league on its own.

We’ve won three doubles in our history: 1968-69 Charity Shield and FA Cup; 1969-70 League Cup and European Cup Winners Cup; 2013-14 League Cup and Premier League... I’d love another over the league on its own this season

The home support is poorer than it was. Like me, you must know loads who’ve stopped going? The four of us who’d meet on match day are now two etc.

Sunday sold out on general sale. Why no demand? I asked to start work fifteen minutes late to book as soon as I could and I fly to London on Friday.

Question my views all you like. Please don’t question my support. I organise my life around attending. It’s all I do.

The league is my favourite, the best, most prestigious and most important competition to win. But winning the league and cups together is even more prestigious than winning the league on its own.

We’ve won three doubles in our history: 1968-69 Charity Shield and FA Cup; 1969-70 League Cup and European Cup Winners Cup; 2013-14 League Cup and Premier League... I’d love another over the league on its own

So would anyone.

But if it doesn't happen, winning the title is fucking fantastic irrespective.

Just to be asking this type of question makes me happy - better than ‘do you think we will make the play offs’

The home support is poorer than it was. Like me, you must know loads who’ve stopped going? The four of us who’d meet on match day are now two etc.

Sunday sold out on general sale. Why no demand? I asked to start work fifteen minutes late to book as soon as I could and I fly to London on Friday.

Question my views all you like. Please don’t question my support. I organise my life around attending. It’s all I do.

There's 50 odd thousand at every home game, more than in yours and my lifetime. People don't always get to games due to them being moved on a constant basis plus other commitments, what the fuck any of that has to do with the original question i've no idea.

Any fan who thinks winning the league is a failure should give their head a very good fucking wobble.

Winning the league on it's own will NEVER be a failure in any season. It would, however, be a disservice to this team who I think are genuinely one of the best teams in English football history. I don't think anyone would argue we're much better than the Pellegrini double winning side in 2014, however the history books would make that team look better.

Look at the way we've played this year though, I was gutted we went out the cup last night because I genuinely thought we'd win a domestic treble. But that's football!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.