Away form

The standard we set was unsustainable, our overall season is still ridiculous.

I always felt that the Dec/Jan period where you've injuries, suspensions and a whole host of matches in each comp is our nadir. I'm 100% convinced that we will settle after the Chels game into a routine and the run in will be similar to the last few seasons where better pitches allow us play to our max. A weekend or two off due to not being in the FA cup will also benefit us in the long run.

March April and May will be delicious Blues. As more teams have to come and play in an effort to stay up or finish 4th we will be able to tear them new ones.

The standard we set was unsustainable, our overall season is still ridiculous.

I always felt that the Dec/Jan period where you've injuries, suspensions and a whole host of matches in each comp is our nadir. I'm 100% convinced that we will settle after the Chels game into a routine and the run in will be similar to the last few seasons where better pitches allow us play to our max. A weekend or two off due to not being in the FA cup will also benefit us in the long run.

March April and May will be delicious Blues. As more teams have to come and play in an effort to stay up or finish 4th we will be able to tear them new ones.

And it's easier mentally & physically to play our game, in better conditions.

Up to, and including,Newcastle just after Christmas (all competitions);
P 14
W 13 (counting the Leicester CC game as a win)
D 0
L 1 ( the dead rubber in Kharkiv)
Win percentage: 92.8

Since Newcastle (again, all competitions);
P 7
W 3
D 2
L 2
Win percentage: 42.8

Now obviously the pre Christmas stat is over a longer period and may well give a more dependable figure. If the sample period is short enough, you can make anything look ridiculously good or bad. Our away record since last weekend is dreadful, for example. P 1, L 1. But I don't think anyone can deny the form on the road had slipped back. Are teams beginning to figure out how to set up against us on their own patch? Not flapping here, just asking a question.
Good question to ask Jim. I'm goin going to say yes the form has dropped slightly but I believe it is due to the forced rotation of payers due to injury or circumstances beyond our control . When have we had a settled side since Palace? Maybe I'm wrong but there have been cracks appearing but that's because of Pep not being able to play his 1st team and we all know who and what that is . Settled teams breed security and a sense of invincibility. Can we get back to it in the next few weeks? YES . With a will there is a way . Jesus will be back soon . Get over this period relatively unscathed and we can press on. It is going to be a test next 3 games .

Far too small a sample size to make any judgement in my opinion. Our next away game is arsenal, an away game that we rarely win yet the bookies have us at odds on to win it because overall our form has been exceptional. Personally I’m not concerned about our away form, we’re still creating plenty of chances from what I’ve seen.

There’s an argument about a bit of complacency creeping in but that’s to be expected seeing as we’ve stormed the league in a way that should make the other so called title contenders embarrassed.

You can get near enough 3/1 for the arsenal win (premier league game) and the draw is also 3/1 if anybody is truly concerned about our away form.

That defeat at Wigan should hopefully re galvanise the team. The next 3 games will show us whether this team has exceptional character as well as talent.

this thought had occurred to me but there have been some mitigating factors such as injuries and sheer volume of injuries, especially in January.

Just the normal City are not at their best in the UK winter shite. Happens every season.
Why this happens I don't know, but it does.
It's like losing at Klanfield and Losing FA cup ties to Wigan it just happens.

this thought had occurred to me but there have been some mitigating factors such as injuries and sheer volume of injuries, especially in January.

Teams have adapted too. Unconcerned about defending all game even at home. We do tend to offer chances up even if a side is totally dominated.

If we don’t score goals we are always vulnerable to concede.

11859021.jpg

i don't think pepe is worried at all.... Also I am not worried by a couple of loses in two months.
There is a lot of luck in football and we got our fair share in our run, I doubt we will repeat it for a while. Wigan away burnley away, don't look at the result look at the overwhelming stats favouring us, had we have put the ball in the net it would be "city roll on". But media / press / negative football fans see a one nil loss even if you dominate means you played shit. A good footballing manager looks at the bigger picture as we know.
On top of that injuries have been bad, pile up of games causes tiredness.. And finishing has been poor.

i don't think pepe is worried at all.... Also I am not worried by a couple of loses in two months.
There is a lot of luck in football and we got our fair share in our run, I doubt we will repeat it for a while. Wigan away burnley away, don't look at the result look at the overwhelming stats favouring us, had we have put the ball in the net it would be "city roll on". But media / press / negative football fans see a one nil loss even if you dominate means you played shit. A good footballing manager looks at the bigger picture as we know.
On top of that injuries have been bad, pile up of games causes tiredness.. And finishing has been poor.
He ought to be; his side got buttfucked 5-0 by Bayern on tuesday night!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.