Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tackle has to be seen in context with the Wigan players tackle in the 4th minute which wasn't even given a yellow card.

What transpired tonight is blatant cheating.
It should also be viewed in the context of the condition of the pitch. Wigan had watered it so much, you could see it was saturated. Slide tackles are usually viewed more leniently in these circumstances.

Yeah, but it’s not like it was high and two footed, though, is it?!

And, don’t forget, it was only the 4th minute, so you can’t get a red card out in the 4th minute!

Let’s just chalk it up to Number 10 for the horror reel on us, shall we?!

Delph was a red IF you are going to call him out of control, reckless or high. I think you can probably get him on at least two of the three. That said, the above picture speaks for itself. It’s a career-ender, let alone a season-ender or World Cup-misser, if the foot is planted...but it wasn’t, so NO CARD AT ALL, and let’s just call it even, shall we?!

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!
Spot on although I personally don't think Delph was out of control, reckless or high. In fact I think it was a borderline yellow at best. When two players go in for a 50:50 then one is going to come out on top. Delph took the ball cleanly and more importantly didn't go over the top. Why did the rag ref award us a free kick and not consider the challenge from the Wigan player as out of control, reckless or high?

It should also be viewed in the context of the condition of the pitch. Wigan had watered it so much, you could see it was saturated. Slide tackles are usually viewed more leniently in these circumstances.

Delph catches the lad with his trailing leg which is bent backwards and against his own body and its certainly not a studs up challenge.

That said in real time i can see why some would say red card but what i cant and wont accept is a ref taking the yellow card out for what seems a long time to then look at it and write Delphs name on it and then suddenly put it away and issue the red.

A whole new low even for Alty fan last night.

Forgive me for disagreeing with a number of you but, CLEARLY no tackle is seen in context to the next these days, the bottom line is Delph gave Taylor the chance to send him off and he did. Did it cost us the game? I don't know we didn't play well.

Delph catches the lad with his trailing leg which is bent backwards and against his own body and its certainly not a studs up challenge.

That said in real time i can see why some would say red card but what i cant and wont accept is a ref taking the yellow card out for what seems a long time to then look at it and write Delphs name on it and then suddenly put it away and issue the red.

A whole new low even for Alty fan last night.

It's not though.

Imo even though I'm not a fan of Pellegrini, Taylor effectively finished him v Chelsea. That game killed his momentum.

From where I'm sat, it was clear Taylor was running toward Sideshow Bob to send him off, he had the whistle ready to blow, then he suddenly did an about turn, just like last night.

Imo he is already using some ofher equally dodgy ****, in his earpiece, to give him an angle to fuck us over.

He didn't have to give a red card last night, someone told him he could so he did. Same as someone told him he didn't have to send off Luiz, so he didn't.

Forgive me for disagreeing with a number of you but, CLEARLY no tackle is seen in context to the next these days, the bottom line is Delph gave Taylor the chance to send him off and he did. Did it cost us the game? I don't know we didn't play well.

It was a solid yellow minimum. Personally, i don't think it was dangerous and therefore not a red.

And you're right. i'm not sure it cost the game, although it did mean that there wasn't an extra man in the area to help Aguero out (Gundogan seemed to be the main one doing it).

It is about time that the ref Taylor is brought to justice by the head of PGMOL, Mr Mike Riely and sacked for brining the game in to disrepute. For 2 reasons, 1st it can be clearly seen that he had already written Fabian 's name on the yellow card, so why then has he decided to issue a red. 2nd there were at least 3 knee high challenge's on city players which, could have resulted inthem being seriously injured only. How these tackles resulted in a yellow cards for 2 of the players and 1 who got away with out seeing any card what so ever.

It would be interesting to hear what Mike Riely as head of PGMOL has to say. He has to come out and explain why Fabian was red carded and the Wigan players only got bookings or got away with it. However I won't be holding my breath. The least I would want is that Taylor will not be given any City matches ever again. Maybe this just proves that Taylor is a secret rags fan.

It's not though.

Imo even though I'm not a fan of Pellegrini, Taylor effectively finished him v Chelsea. That game killed his momentum.

From where I'm sat, it was clear Taylor was running toward Sideshow Bob to send him off, he had the whistle ready to blow, then he suddenly did an about turn, just like last night.

Imo he is already using some ofher equally dodgy ****, in his earpiece, to give him an angle to fuck us over.

He didn't have to give a red card last night, someone told him he could so he did. Same as someone told him he didn't have to send off Luiz, so he didn't.

Wasn't that last season, and Guardiola? Not Pellegrini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.