Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

Failure no, but this team does deserve more awards. So fingers crossed we beat Arsenal and try and round off a great season in Kiev.

We’re 16 points ahead in the league, that means we can concentrate on other competitions. We had a good opportunity to get to the semi finals of the fa cup after drawing Southampton at home, but we got knocked out by a league 1 side. If you don’t think it will be slightly dissapointing that we will only win the prem this season, then fair enough, I will be. Let’s hope we don’t get let down on Sunday.

Let down? Jesus what is wrong with some people? The players will be as equally disappointed as us going on Sunday if they lose. As for last night, it happens, it's sport, it's not the end of the world to lose a cup match, it's what we all watch it for, or at least i thought it was.

Let down? Jesus what is wrong with some people? The players will be as equally disappointed as us going on Sunday if they lose. As for last night, it happens, it's sport, it's not the end of the world to lose a cup match, it's what we all watch it for, or at least i thought it was.

I think that some thought that when Pep rocked up we'd never lose again.

Oh of course but a bit of me thinks Pep would be a bit disappointed with just that. As fans we’d be ecstatic, even sweeter if we win it on 7th April

It's all I give a fuck about tbh, getting that sewn up as quickly as possible. Then if we are still in the Champions League my attentions will turn to that.

I hope we win the cup but if the efforts there caused us to lose the two league games, I'd swap it for 6 points v Arse & Chelsea.

I think we are going to get fucked over by officials in the Champs Lg, so we need to be as fit and sharp as possible to get through it & I recon killing the title off quickly is the key to that.

It's all I give a fuck about tbh, getting that sewn up as quickly as possible. Then if we are still in the Champions League my attentions will turn to that.

I hope we win the cup but if the efforts there caused us to lose the two league games, I'd swap it for 6 points v Arse & Chelsea.

I think we are going to get fucked over by officials in the Champs Lg, so we need to be as fit and sharp as possible to get through it & I recon killing the title off quickly is the key to that.

Being fucked over by officials will start on Sunday , a repeat of last years semi-final is on the cards , we need to be at least a couple of goals in front or Pawson will be altering the course of the game.

Playing unbelievable football is all very well and good but there’s no means to an end if it doesn’t yield results.

He won nothing last season and just the Premier League this time with no real opposition (just works in progress) is unacceptable when we were talking about all four competitions just days before.

De Bruyne should’ve started last night, Sane wasn’t fit, Aguero was out of sync etc. Yes, the sending off was a disgrace but going down to ten men can galvanise a side.

We could be looking at one trophy in two seasons if it’s just the Premier League. Not good given the outlay.

Now let’s annihilate Arsenal on Sunday.

What the fuck!!

I don’t know any blues that even consider the “outlay” either.

Personally I’ll be chomping at the bit for next season because this squad is so talented and maybe they’d see this season as a missed opportunity if they only achieve the premier league title.

Then next season, if we’re in a position like this season and there’s no reason to suggest that we won’t, this squad will surely learn from only achieving the premier league title and probably not let their gloves down to allow a dickhead team like Wigan beat us.

Either way, 1 trophy in 2 seasons, considering the outlay etc is a really awful spin on what is clearly one of the best teams in Europe. I’d expect that from a hack in the sun or some ten bob rag in work but not a blue.

I think that some thought that when Pep rocked up we'd never lose again.

Exactly this. Some react to a defeat as though it was symptomatic of structural calamity, rather than just the normal thing in football. Teams lose games. In cups, that means you go out. It happens.

Not a failure but a huge missed opportunity yes. To me CL will be our real test as in the league all our rivals have their shortcoming but in CL we will be up against CL holder Real, La Liga leader Barca, Bundesliga leader Bayern etc.

Even if we draw an English club next round and we lose that would be a failure imo for CL. Especially for Pep who was heartbroken after Monaco tie last season he is used to reach finals and semis of CL last season was first time he was knocked out earlier than that against a side that was surprisingly good but nowhere near a very strong side that was proven after in the semis they were knocked out without much fuss.

This season we simply has to reach CL semis and it wont be "easy" unless we get lucky and draw Roma/Sahtar.

Our hype was always much bigger in CL than what we delivered actually.

Next season will be much harder in the league as titlte holder. Rivals will keep strengthen their squads, teams will be more used the way we play, some of our players already playing the season of their career which is hard to repeat...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.