Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

I'd also be interested in your take on Aguero?

Plenty think I have something personal against our club legend, but it was again clear last night that his overall decision making and picking the ball up in withdrawn areas is also a contributory factor about our lack of presence and penetration inside the penalty area when we move into the final third.

We don't have a single focal point inside the penalty area to even make the distinction between promising opportunities and clear cut chances.

The Wigan keeper hardly had a shot of note to save in the second half.

At least Sane and Sterling take us closer to goal between the angle of the goal and the six yard box.

I didn't see/hear about the Aguero incident yet, sorry. As for his play, well this happens to him a lot against these sort of parked buses and a big reason why I have long advocated for an upgrade at his position. The Alexis pursuit had to be abandoned but I suspect he would've been played centrally in these sorts of situations where his movement & dribbling could've helped.

Sane not being 100% yet hurt but it was a confluence of many factors on the night. As a Barcelona fan, I've lived moments like that with Pep - chin up, better side doesn't always win

I didn't see/hear about the Aguero incident yet, sorry. As for his play, well this happens to him a lot against these sort of parked buses and a big reason why I have long advocated for an upgrade at his position. The Alexis pursuit had to be abandoned but I suspect he would've been played centrally in these sorts of situations where his movement & dribbling could've helped.

Sane not being 100% yet hurt but it was a confluence of many factors on the night. As a Barcelona fan, I've lived moments like that with Pep - chin up, better side doesn't always win

Do you think Griezmann could play that role, knowing how Barca have toyed also with the idea?

I believe he would be a great foil with Jesus.

Has Wigan already sent public apologies towards Sergio and our fans in our end for their fans poor "behaviour" on the pitch?
Still waiting.

even after how majestic and imperious we've been this season, why does a loss like last night hurt so much?

Because the quadruple dream was ended by a Div 1 team that seems to have our number in the FA cup. Be a bit more easier to swallow if it was premier league team.
Hope the team are a wounded animal and really take it to Arsenal.

Unless Silva had a knock, I was suprised he got replaced. Even with Sunday in mind it's nearly a week away so Gundogan was for me me, the one to replace. Kompany too after the goal for set-pieces.

Do you think Griezmann could play that role, knowing how Barca have toyed also with the idea?

I believe he would be a great foil with Jesus.

Griezmann over Sergio. Not sure about that! I'd need to pay more attention to AG to be sure but never been a big fan.

Sergio is not perfect for the perfect Pep system but he is of sufficient quality and commitment that Pep should be able to make the pieces fit. The bigger problem is not having the Jesus option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.