Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

I wasn’t really saying that. This season could be fantastic, but it won’t be if we just win one trophy, considering the good position we’ve been in all completions.

What position? We were in the 5th round of the FA cup and haven't made the quarters of the CL yet, though i can't see is blowing a 4 goal lead.

Only the league is guaranteed imo and the final on Sunday can go either way.

The league is still the pinnacle for me. Nothing beats 2012 but both 2012 and 2014 had a little bit of other teams cocking up as much as us winning it. This year we have blown everyone away. I don't think we have been nearly has impressive in the domestic cups because, rightly, the team gets changed. We may have a great squad but a lot still hinges on Ederson, Otamendi, Walker, KDB, Silva and Aguero in Jesus's absence with KDB being the biggest cog in our impressive machine. Last night was the perfect storm for us not winning - 4 of those players not starting, shocking ref, a team wanting it and playing with bottle and the likes of Aguero, Silva and Gudongen having off nights. We got away with it a few times in the Milk Cup but last night was one too many.
So back to the league - it's already in the bag but I'm convinced it will be confirmed before that lot turn up at ours and that makes this league campaign one of the best ever regardless of whether we add anything to it. The great Liverpool sides, that lot, the invincibles and Chelsea with bellend first time weren't anyway near as good as this. I actually think we will blow Arsenal away at the weekend as last night will be a great big kick up the harris. If we get a nice draw and everyone back fit we might just rattle a few big cages in the CL - I don't think we will win but there isn't anyone in it that scares me unlike previous years.

But that's what the question is.

Did i want 4 trophies? Yes.
Did i in any way expect them? Did i fuck.

I'm obviously more realistic than yourself.

3 cup competitions require huge slices of luck to win, we were actually lucky in or games v WBA, Wolves and Leicester, fortunate v Bristol and needed a rocket up our arse v Burnley at half time to get we we are.
The first (best) 11 have shone magnificently in the Prem and CL, the rest have stuttered in the cup games bar Cardiff, we've done well to get to Wembley.
Spot on.

What position? We were in the 5th round of the FA cup and haven't made the quarters of the CL yet, though i can't see is blowing a 4 goal lead.

Only the league is guaranteed imo and the final on Sunday can go either way.

We had an favourable path to the semis of the FA cup and were basically through to the the quarters of the CL. Considering the league is wrapped up in February, not winning any other competition would be slightly disappointing, and also considering the team we’ve assembled and how we’ve performed for the first half of the season. Don’t see why that’s hard to understand. This arguement will be irrelevant on Sunday if we smash Arsenal, which we are more than capable of doing.

Absolutely no way. It’s the one i want the most. I really would have liked us to do the proper double but if we come away with just the league then I’ll be a very happy chap.

This thread serves beautifully to show that just being a blue doesn’t automatically preclude people from being cûnts.

Personally, although if you'd offered me the league at the beginning of the season, I'd have taken it, I'd be a bit gutted now given how good we've been. Last night was very disappointing, but I'll be choked big time if we lose on Sunday at Wembley.

But that's what the question is.

Did i want 4 trophies? Yes.
Did i in any way expect them? Did i fuck.

I'm obviously more realistic than yourself.

3 cup competitions require huge slices of luck to win, we were actually lucky in or games v WBA, Wolves and Leicester, fortunate v Bristol and needed a rocket up our arse v Burnley at half time to get we we are.
The first (best) 11 have shone magnificently in the Prem and CL, the rest have stuttered in the cup games bar Cardiff, we've done well to get to Wembley.
Great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.