Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

Said at the start of the season that PL plus advanced stages of CL was the minimum for a “successful” season, given our fabulous resources.

I’d want us to win the League Cup, now that we’re in touching distance.

Not too arsed about yesterday’s FA Cup as trebles and quadruples are a bit pie in the sky. We can see how stretched we are already. So better out now than exiting in 6th round or semi.

The playing style and goal scoring are a big bonus. So all in all, I’m really enjoying the season and feel it will be a great one on balance.

Last edited:
Said at the start of the season PL and good progress in CL was the minimum for a “successful” season, given our fabulous resources.

I’d want us to win the League Cup, now that we’re in touching distance.

Not too arsed about yesterday’s FA Cup as trebles and quadruples are a bit pie in the sky. We can see how stretched we are already. So better out now than exiting in 6th round or semi.

The playing style and goal scoring are a big bonus. So all in all, I’m really enjoying the season and feel it will be a great one on balance.
Even if we go out in the QF of the CL then I think it’s progress. We cruised our group, progressed comfortably (barring a disaster) into the QF and depending on who we get it’s tough to progress further.

Like you say, this season has been a huge improvement on last season and add the league title in to that it’s hard to imagine anyone not delighted with that.

The media will portray "only" winning the Premier League as a disaster for us but then they have to to pander to the majority of their brain-dead readers. I'll be absolutely buzzin if we have a nice shiny Premier League trophy in our trophy cabinet at the end of this season. The media and all the other haters can do us two favours: fuck off and die.

Even if we go out in the QF of the CL then I think it’s progress. We cruised our group, progressed comfortably (barring a disaster) into the QF and depending on who we get it’s tough to progress further.

Like you say, this season has been a huge improvement on last season and add the league title in to that it’s hard to imagine anyone not delighted with that.

We shouldn’t forget, either, that football is supposed to be about entertainment. Ok, we need to win stuff but too but, if anyone here hasn’t been royally entertained, they are very hard to please. Even some of the pundits are saying this is the best football they’ve ever seen in England.

We shouldn’t forget, either, that football is supposed to be about entertainment. Ok, we need to win stuff but too but, if anyone here hasn’t been royally entertained, they are very hard to please. Even some of the pundits are saying this is the best football they’ve ever seen in England.
And no reason at all to think it will be worse next season, if anything better. This is a side being built for the next 6 or 7 seasons, so it’s only just the beginning.

no.

what on earth is this thread ? very entitled and arrogant- sounds like united fans. winning the league regarded as failure hahaha especially after all the years of winning nothing.

Here’s a couple of supplementary questions. What if we “only” won the league but did it by 20 points....? And lost narrowly in the CL final after beating Barca 6-0 in the semi?

You see, it’s not just a trophy count. There are different shades in play here.

Give me only the league title every season and I’m happy.
Champions League is just a glorified cup at the end of the day.
League means everything.

The league by a point is still the league and id take it but the league wrapped up a month before the season finishes is a fantastic achievement considering we play 12 men most weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.