Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Thought Laporte had a good game.

I'm not convinced so far. Very good on the ball but a little bit passive for me. Would like to see him playing a bit more on the front foot. Him and stones would never work together. Need to play with a proper defender like Otamendi or Kompany.

Agree. Bravo has no command of his area the way Ederson does. Hart had it too to a degree.. Without doing anything they have a presence that dominates the goal area. Bravo is the opposite. He's very weak. This must make the players nervous. Knowing any half decent shot will end up in the back of the net must make them feel under more pressure. Ederson is calmness personified. Confidence oozes from him and transmits into the back 4 and especially Fernandinhio. In Peps system the keeper is the critical foundation which allows the team to play high risk football. Sadly Bravo has no attributes that fit the profile of that kind of keeper.
Sadly, tend to agree...I was there last night and Bravo just stood , rabbit in headlights on his line, as per

So do you suggest we dont make any tackles when he is the ref?

It's a 50/50 ball and i will wager Delph doesn't make the effort and a majority of Blues are slagging him off for it.

Again the tackle on Kun, knee high and studs first. No yellow or red card given. Why?

Again, why does he bring the yellow card out and write is name on it before bringing a red card out?

I suggest we don't go into tackles the way Delph did last night with his studs up....otherwise a red card will be the outcome. That was the worst tackle a City player has done this season and it got its reward.

Well I disagree wholeheartedly, for the three reasons already covered in my post, you've actually given no reasons for it just a blind statement. It was a yellow card offence because he took the player with his trailing leg whilst challenging for a ball he had every right to, it was a genuine attempt to play the ball, no studs came in contact with the player... there's no such thing as borderline it's either worthy of a red or not and it was not. It's doubly wrong because of the genuinely dangerous challenges that our players have had to face where players ought to have seen a red card, these are the same referees supposedly applying the same standards, it's a joke and you're mad if you think refs will start giving other teams red cards as they should all of a sudden, they don't care that we know they are biased/corrupt.

Like I said it would be a lot easier to take a soft red/very harsh red without a shitload of stonewall red cards that City were complaining were not given these past few months, giving teams license to go in as recklessly as they like and if you happen to injure someone... just a yellow will suffice.

The smart thing to do would be not complain, which Pep understands as if you make a fuss now they will say "I told you so it's contact sport, you were overreacting" and nothing changes when it really needs to for the good of the league... the thing is they wont change a damn thing IMO they will probably give us more red cards until the manager does complain, all so they can say "I told you so". As long as the anti-city press get to control the narrative as they do the game is rigged and they will spin the facts when we complain about it no matter which way we go about it.

I gave my opinion on it mate. Some are given, many are not so not so much a blind statement but opinion. The person who should be giving reasons is the referee but that's
never going to happen sadly.

There's such thing as a borderline red but there is a soft red, a harsh red and a stonewall red? Contradicted yourself a bit there!

There's such thing as a borderline red but there is a soft red, a harsh red and a stonewall red? Contradicted yourself a bit there!
True I will hold my hands up on that contradiction but you've still failed to back up your statement that this was a "borderline red" will you hold your hands up for not having any logical/factual reasons behind that? Now you've taken to using the "it's my opinion" defence which is just arguing semantics I hope you understand.

Did it not occur that maybe I was just curious why you felt that was the case or whether you'd thought about the facts I put forward why I felt it wasn't a red card properly? It's no big deal if you want to agree to disagree that's fine but remember it was you responding to my post telling me you disagree with "my opinion".

Last edited:
Thought it terribly kind of Wigan to water the pitch at half-time and make the surface slick for our passing. Just a pity there was no grass on the surface. :-(

Wigan AND City charged???? Why??? All is I saw was the Wigan players jostling and harassing the ref when he pulled the yellow card out!
I think they will point to the tunnel ruckus that went on... before the BBC cut away from the tunnel you don't get to see what/who he's shouting at, when Pep starts shouting some have assumed he's shouting towards the ref but you cannot see who he's shouting at as they are off camera. At the time I thought he was rushing players back to the changing room so everyone has a chance to cool off before they land themselves in any trouble.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.