State of the Roads in Greater Manchester

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 77198

Must be the worst around anywhere I’ve ever been to. I’d bet there will be cities in some third world countries out there with better roads than Manchester.

Simply starting with the aesthetics, the amount of roads that have been dug up and filled back in with either different materials or much less hard wearing materials leaves them looking shabby and a bit shit and leads to potholes.

Ah the potholes... The amount of potholes is a disgrace!

I’ve knackered a shock absorber on my car in the last year going over a pothole and know of plenty of others who’ve burst tyres and one mate who cycles to work who’s gone over his handlebars because of one.

The amount of traffic is scandalous!

The road network is not good enough to deal with the amount of cars that this conurbation has moving around in the rush hours, match evenings for anyone driving can be a proper nightmare (especially in December). Cars lined up either side of all B roads slows traffic down, slows buses down which slows cars down further. Cyclists would have less hassle cycling though a mine field than having to get around the roads we have.

Public transport is a joke. Metrolink is not fast enough nor does it have enough carriages for our conurbation when it comes to getting people off the roads and using it instead of driving cars. The Mets also run on the already over-congested roads slowing everything down even further. What’s that about?

We’ve all seen how bad the Met service is on a Matchday.

What is going on? Is anything going to change?

Our conurbation is crying out for a better transport network.

Dumfries & Galloway roads resembles the Somme 1916!

As a motorist id love to know were all the tax i pay for the privilege of being a motorist is actually going because it isnt in road infrastructure.

Its fucking everywhere mate - this winter has taken its toll already - drove over a shocking road today that Redcar and Cleveland Council have patch repaired. They have just lobbed tarmac in the holes and hardly rolled it so instead of being full of concave holes the road has convex bumps on it - just as bad, scary and dangerous as before. I suppose little 1msq patches are all we can expect now - its austerity doncha know............ or can we spend £350m pw on road repairs post brexit ha ha ha

metro last night was hysterical.

Bearing in mind people got off the trams in the middle of nowhere and walked to the tram station says a lot about Third World manchester (no capital m for a reason !) I suppose they could be comforted that Mr Burnham has written them a strongly worded letter.

As for the roads, they relay a strech, do it properly as well............ and then 3 weeks later a Utilities company come and dig half of it up. No wonder there are pot holes.

In last month noticed potholes have spread all over the place, mcr falling to bits literally. Cycle every day and it's getting bad

slowly relaying in openshaw and gorton, bit it will take an age as the roads are fucked and full of holes

Dumfries & Galloway roads resembles the Somme 1916!

As a motorist id love to know were all the tax i pay for the privilege of being a motorist is actually going because it isnt in road infrastructure.

Nowt will be done until they resemble Passchendaele, ne'er mind the Somme! Unless, of course you live in a London Borough! And then mere pinpricks result in 100s of yards being resurfaced. Not just 'surface dressed' but resurfaced!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.