Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone single footballer in the country (whether professional or Sunday League) who watched our game against Wigan will know it pays dividends to surround the referee and yell in his face until he changes his decision.
This....terrible precedent

How about our players are responsible, for not taking our chances yet again, also our players turning up with a we have won this game boys attitude, the sending off didn't help matters but wasn't the reason we lost

I feel that you are confusing the two issues.

The fact that we lost the game was due to the players failing to take our chances.

Taylor clearly started to issue a yellow card before changing his mind and showing the red card. That is where the concern is being focussed.

This referee has a history of a similar " change of mind " when officiating in the City versus Chelsea game at the Etihad , suggesting that he is being " instructed " in the way he administers the disciplinary action. The fact that we lost the game in this second issue is not the point of the argument , or can you not see that ?

Thought that when you brought out the yellow card, especially when you write the players name on it, that was it. You're booked. It can't be reviewed as the referee saw it.
Now we have the situation where this has actually happened, and he changes his mind, and produces a red instead. Unbelieveable.
I've checked the rule book, and the Altrincham/Wythenshawe variation is not mentioned.

The club should be at Mike Riley's door asking for an immediate full explanation of Taylor's actions and deviation from accepted practice, in writing, to seek legal advice.

Surely the yellow card should form part of the referees match report. How can he explain having Delphs name on the card and giving him a red. If Delphs name is on the card then he has been "booked" and you can't be booked and be sent off for the same offence.

Surely the yellow card should form part of the referees match report. How can he explain having Delphs name on the card and giving him a red. If Delphs name is on the card then he has been "booked" and you can't be booked and be sent off for the same offence.

I totally agree. When your name is on the card / notebook you have been booked hence the name. For me the showing of the yellow card is to tell the player he’s been booked.

You mean a similar tackle as in the one done on Aguero after 4 minutes, that kind of similar tackle ? or do you mean a similar tackle where a player is clearly booked but because the home team dont like the decision he is sent off ? I remember the first one but i dont recall the second one ever happening before.
I mean I think Delph’s tackle warranted a red card

Hope the next time we are unfortunate enough to have this low life cheating rag T--T at the Etihad he gets booed for the whole duration of the game.

A much better solution would be for this fucker to be dismissed from his position of being a professional referee.

Hope the next time we are unfortunate enough to have this low life cheating rag T--T at the Etihad he gets booed for the whole duration of the game.
I don’t want him anywhere near any of our games home or away I hope the club seek talks or however to let it be known we don’t want him as ref for any of our games and that includes friendlies as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.