John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just a few bad games recently though is it? He's been generally pretty bad now for the best part of three years, but with a patch of fantastic form at the start of the season in the middle of it all. At some point people will start to ask whether the bad performances are the blip or whether the great months were.

He needs to get back to playing on the front foot or he's going to continue to be a liability.

I actually think in Peps eyes he's fourth choice now. At least until he regains some form.

Said starting Stones and Laporte away at Wigan was potentially a disaster and guess what, it was.

Their striker should of scored in the first 15 minutes where John was backing off and was too scared to put a tackle. Think if he started with Vinny he would of got a bollocking for that.

Now it looks like he will struggle to get back into the line up, currently 4th best in terms of form.
You wanted John though, and Laporte benched. So I don't know think you have a legitimate point here.

Stones wasn't going to be better because Kompany was playing.

You wanted John though, and Laporte benched. So I don't know think you have a legitimate point here.

Stones wasn't going to be better because Kompany was playing.

He would be better with Kompany because they would actually communicate.

I still think he's third and that Pep trusts Kompany about as far as he can throw him.

Either way, Otamendi and Laporte are the strongest pairing right now.

I think with the form of Otamendi he’d instantly improve anyone around him. We desperately need Stones to find his previous form, as we’ve a very tough trio of games upcoming, where we’ll need to utilise the full squad.

Anyone that thinks stones is going anywhere, or that Peps faith in him will have in any way dwindled, knows fuck all about our manager and our club.

Overall you have to say thus far - he was shit became pretty good and now is shit again...Get rid in the Summer.
Was never good and we all knew that but was given an easy pass because of his nationality.
It's hugely worrying as we've spent a fortune on him and so far had three months where he's been at the required standard.
This is the kind of shit that we have to put up with. Sterling, Sane and Stones are three of the biggest talents we have ever had at city and all three of them, Sterling and stones in particular, are subjected to some right shite.

Yes, this was after the Wigan game, so people were angry, but in case you forgot Wigan had one chance all game and it was from a mistake by walker, who of course was suddenly not good enough...

This is the kind of shit that we have to put up with. Sterling, Sane and Stones are three of the biggest talents we have ever had at city and all three of them, Sterling and stones in particular, are subjected to some right shite.

Yes, this was after the Wigan game, so people were angry, but in case you forgot Wigan had one chance all game and it was from a mistake by walker, who of course was suddenly not good enough...

Classic Bluemoon .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.