Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

Monday night, I feel in my blood, will be the defining moment of our season. How we react to that loss will determine whether it’s the league, by how many points and whether we win anything else.

I’m still more than happy with only the league and I always laughed when people mentioned winning all 4. But I firmly believe and trust in Pep and our key players, that all of the match on Monday, the no card, red card, missed chances and the after match crap, will spur us on to win on Sunday, retain our points advantage in the league AND do some serious damage in the CL!
The reason teams don’t do doubles very often, hardly ever do trebles and have never done quadruples is that football has too many moving parts for anything to be certain. We could play fantastically well on Sunday and still lose. Equally, we could play like a bag of spanner’s, be a goal down for 85 minutes and still win it. Winning the PL defines a team, winning it 2/3 years on the bounce takes a team to greatness. The cups are a bit of a lottery really and whatever their league season has been like, on their day, Arsenal can give anyone a game.

The Arsenal 'Invincibles' "only" won the league that year. I wonder if that was a failure...

It usually comes down to how you're perceived by the media, and in fairness, they've been generous with their praise this season.
However, there's an additional ingredient this season, with so many English teams still in the Champions League.
If we only win the Premier League, but Real Madrid or Barcelona triumph in Kiev, then we'll be remembered for our entertaining, revolutionary brand of football.
If we only win the Premier League, but United or Liverpool triumph in Kiev, then make no mistake, we might as well emigrate.

Alternatively, City could still win three trophies, so all is not lost.

Like some have already said, at the start of the season-no. Now though, still a no, but be a bit miffed to be honest. I think if we win on Sunday that will give everyone a boost. Get that league title wrapped up ASAP as well. Let's turn the distraction the FAC would have brought into then fully concentrating on the CL.

Don't like bringing up the past,as many know,it's not been the best.
I remember the days when I thought that not getting relegated,maybe a draw at the swamp and beating the ****s at Maine Road was a good season for me.
Now we have a thread asking if we only win the title,will it be regarded as a failure,that's not a dig at the OP.
Currently we are the team in Europe,not just England,that every other fucker wants to avoid including Barca,PSG,Bayern and Madrid.
LET THAT SINK IN........

Just the premier league title?......I'll take it every season.
Here here. Totally agree some of us are getting ahead of ourselves. The league will do just fine and build towards a CL title over the next few years.

Winning the league is really all that matters. Cup competitions are always lotteries to a lesser or greater extent but the league separates the wheat from the chaff.

To me it’s unimportant if we lose the final to arsenal and lose in the cl qf although obviously I’d be gutted if that happened just as long as we win the league. Doesn’t matter if we win it by one point or twenty, if we end the season as champions then it’s been a wonderful season.

How can anyone start a thread asking if ONLY winning the prem could be classed as a failure is beyond me , after 45 years of following the blues and witnessing the sort of football I could only ever dream of I would take winning the prem first and foremost , feck me I used to be happy just avoiding relegation and winning the odd derby

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.