Sergio pitch incident at end of game

I do not see the big deal about this besides the police seemed to be a bit of a shambles. It is not like Wigan fans are known for being calm gentle souls.

Weirdo runs up into kins face, grabs him, kun shoves him off, he spits at kun and for a milisecond Kun seers red but is held back whilst he calms down.

Some are saying "well you did in in 2012" well yes but the scenario is markedly different. We had no intention of laughing in QPR players faces, indeed they may have well not been there.

To be honest i'd be ready for war if a load of Wigan fans ran on to the pitch, they have a lot of form for still being in the 80's talking about "firms" and other cringe worthy bollocks. The way he ran up to Kun was out of order, you get in someones face like that on the street you get knocked out and everyone would say you deserved it to.
How the hell was Kun to know the fellas intentions.

Well done Wigan but your fans need to wise up, you just got a great victory, your fans should have been running explicitly to your players to give them a pat on the back.

sums it up

It's the blatant lies as well by that police inspector saying a line of police was immediately deployed to keep rival fan's apart when video evidence proves this didn't happen.

The stewarding and policing for such a high profile game was woefully inadequate and they are lucky on the whole they got away with it without serious injuries occurring. They also had a good ten minutes to put some measures in place, as once Wigan scored it was obvious if that score remained there would be a pitch invasion at the end. At the very least a line of police in front of the city end should have started to have been deployed THEN.

On the Aguero incident the media certainly didn't help matters by immediately highlighting it and as usual when concerning us led from the agenda Sergio was probably in the wrong and could be punished. Without this it would probably have died a death, no one would have known or heard of the Wigan fan end of.

Hindsight is wonderful.

As I stated before it is the responsibility of the football club to ensure the safety of the public inside the ground-not the police.

Hindsight is wonderful.

As I stated before it is the responsibility of the football club to ensure the safety of the public inside the ground-not the police.

It was poor all round. Wigan officials, stewards and police. They couldn't of got it more wrong if they tried....

It was poor all round. Wigan officials, stewards and police. They couldn't of got it more wrong if they tried....
i agree-there will be a de-brief from all parties, it was a mess-but responsibility lies with Wigan.

Hindsight is wonderful.

It doesn't take a lot of hindsight to know that it was a high profile game that would be well attended. The club hire and pay for stewards and the police so I am assuming they were in the vicinity already, although this could be wrong and they may have been called for back up when things escalated.

If in the vicinity and with a giant killing act in the offing they had ten minutes to put some safeguards in place, again that isn't hindsight it is common sense and doing their job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.