Sergio pitch incident at end of game

Hindsight is wonderful.

As I stated before it is the responsibility of the football club to ensure the safety of the public inside the ground-not the police.
Really? I thought the Police had responsibility for public safety at all times wherever they may be.

Its not an easy job dealing with that-and for certain everything will be reviewed.

I know it wasn't easy to deal with but another review another lessons learned paper circulated to the chief officers in charge of games. We've been doing this for years. Sometimes it's ok to say "sorry we got this wrong". When we played Liverpool in League Cup semi a few years back there was chaos outside the Anfield Rd end partly due to turnstiles not working and because of fans arriving late because of crash on the M62. Police and stewards handled it badly and there were some City fans who behaved like idiots. I wrote a compliant to Liverpool and to their credit the Head Of Security phoned me up and apologised. He was an ex police office and he said "sorry we got some things wrong". We had a good chat about it and he also said to me that a lot of the officers deployed were young and had no experience of handlings football crowds. Big point was he admitted failings and his apology made a massive difference. I have the upmost respect for Police Officers but not when they close ranks and pretend they got it right.

I know it wasn't easy to deal with but another review another lessons learned paper circulated to the chief officers in charge of games. We've been doing this for years. Sometimes it's ok to say "sorry we got this wrong". When we played Liverpool in League Cup semi a few years back there was chaos outside the Anfield Rd end partly due to turnstiles not working and because of fans arriving late because of crash on the M62. Police and stewards handled it badly and there were some City fans who behaved like idiots. I wrote a compliant to Liverpool and to their credit the Head Of Security phoned me up and apologised. He was an ex police office and he said "sorry we got some things wrong". We had a good chat about it and he also said to me that a lot of the officers deployed were young and had no experience of handlings football crowds. Big point was he admitted failings and his apology made a massive difference. I have the upmost respect for Police Officers but not when they close ranks and pretend they got it right.
Yes it was packed outside that end and lots of crushing....police officers saying it was our own fault for turning up late.

Yet there were huge traffic delays...an accident or road works ..can't remember.

Of all places...liverpool

Really? I thought the Police had responsibility for public safety at all times wherever they may be.[/QUOTE]

You might want to make that into a song......could catch on........

It isn't really the admission they got it wrong, but the blatant lie and cover up that officers were immediately deployed and a line kept rival fans apart,maintaining order, when evidence clearly showed they didn't.

We all know the police face an increasingly difficult and challenging job, but still treating football fans as idiots to be brushed aside and lied to and about is doing them no favours.

Really? I thought the Police had responsibility for public safety at all times wherever they may be.

He's kind of correct. It is Wigans responsibility. However, I believe the Inspector should be in the match control box at all times and he has a duty of care if anything escalates to step in. Anyone with half a brain cell should have been pro active, providing preventative measures to ensure crowd safety, on Monday night.

Yes it was packed outside that end and lots of crushing....police officers saying it was our own fault for turning up late.

Yet there were huge traffic delays...an accident or road works ..can't remember.

Of all places...liverpool

It was a crash. I think it resulted in a fatality as well.

As you say, it's unbelievable the coppers would behave like that in Liverpool of all places

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.