Billy Graham - dead

Cue Fox's Ainsley Earhardt (babe by the way)

"we always wonder what it would be like to celebrate Christmas in Heaven - now he will get that opportunity and it will be incredible for him"

She's a sweet as honey South Carolina babe.

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

My Dad was quite a religious man and way back in the late 1950`s, I remember that the whole family went to somewhere in Derbyshire (some sort of Religious Buildings way out in the sticks with some massive and very well kept grounds) to see this bloke.Absolutely heaving with people.
Never been so bored in my life and what do you expect at the age of 8/9.
I never did follow in my Dads footsteps as a religious type.He was never pushy in the house,would never try to ram things down my sisters and my throat ref religious beliefs even though we were made to go to Chapel and Sunday School until I was 15 !!!

Billy Graham did a "gig" at Maine Road in the 1970s. I've seen pictures of it, I suspect in one of @Gary James' books. I'm sure I remember that the Kippax had temporary benches in so everyone could sit. If Swales had decided to do that instead of knocking down the old Platt Lane our entire history could have been different.

RIP Billy Graham. Whether or not you agree with his views, he deserves respect, not ridicule at the time of his passing.

Does he though? I have to admit not knowing a huge amount about him but 10 minutes reading suggests he was a sexist, anti-Semitic homophobe who tried to convince Nixon to kill 1 million Vietnamese civilians, and his son has taken over his mantle but added Islamophobia into the mix.

That's before wondering why a man of god is allegedly sitting on a personal wealth $25million, and who he took the money from.

Whet to see him at anfield in the 80s with some church where i went to a youth club,didnt listen to a word he said was just a chance for me and a mate to fuck about on a day out.

"Give your life to christ and give your money to me"

RIP Billy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.