Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see how it would look bad if we tried to appeal the card based on the foul,i think it was a yellow myself,you could say the one against sergio was bad and no card was given so we could use that,what we must be able to do is appeal it based on the fact he wrote on the yellow but then was swayed by the wigan manager and fans putting pressure on him/4th official,why are we not demanding an explaination,pisses me right off we are not doing that out in the open for everyone to see,the pundits/ex players are all saying they have never seen that before so why did he do it,find a backbone city

I see how it would look bad if we tried to appeal the card based on the foul,i think it was a yellow myself,you could say the one against sergio was bad and no card was given so we could use that,what we must be able to do is appeal it based on the fact he wrote on the yellow but then was swayed by the wigan manager and fans putting pressure on him/4th official,why are we not demanding an explaination,pisses me right off we are not doing that out in the open for everyone to see,the pundits/ex players are all saying they have never seen that before so why did he do it,find a backbone city

Can't prove any of that happened though, so no point in appealing.
I doubt there is a rule saying "you mustn't write on the yellow card", although I bet the entire ref community think it was terrible procedure.

Delph went for the ball. If you watch the video you will see the ball bounces just before the tackle. There is a case for it being dangerous but it was an honest attempt to play the ball. Delph (probably) adjusted his tackle to get the ball and did not mean to get the man!

As Pep decided not appeal the card, we should instead tell the FA/PiGMOL that Taylor will not be allowed anywhere near another game involving our club. That would send a more powerful message to the football authorities.

Can't prove any of that happened though, so no point in appealing.
I doubt there is a rule saying "you mustn't write on the yellow card", although I bet the entire ref community think it was terrible procedure.
No-one has seen that happen before,he made up his mind and something changed it,i want to know what/who,if this was the rags he would have been booted off the refs list by now,if you can't prove anything then the FA can never prove intent but they do,lets have it out there if there is nothing to hide

No-one has seen that happen before,he made up his mind and something changed it,i want to know what/who,if this was the rags he would have been booted off the refs list by now,if you can't prove anything then the FA can never prove intent but they do,lets have it out there if there is nothing to hide
Unfortunately, I don't think he has broken a specific rule in terms of which card he writes on.

If anything comes of this it will be a clarification of rules/procedures regarding punishment of players for foul play.

I think everyone would quite like to know what he was up to.

I just don't think it's against the rules, and therefore would not be touched on by an appeal. It might indicate advice from another official (which is fine), but there's no chance that the 4th official will say something like "I decided to listen to Cook even though I didn't see it".

There is no rule that says you must use the first card you took out, or if you take a card out you must use it. You often see referees take out a yellow card after a strong tackle. It immediately says to the players that it is only a yellow card offence, and stops them doing anything stupid after they see the colour of the card. This is just common sense, regular, day to day man-management. All referees do this.

What you don’t see is a referee taking out his yellow card, writing the details of the offence on it, then putting it away and issuing a red. This causes confusion on and off the pitch, and a great deal of uncertainty. This is extremely bad refereeing and game management. All the players on the pitch see that a yellow card was about to be issued, then the referee changes his mind. They understandably want to know why. What caused the referee to change his decision?

There are no grounds for appeal against the red card. There are plenty of grounds for complaint against Taylor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.