Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, that's shocking. Syed is dead to me now.

Anyway Syed's work is just a rip-off/rehash of Nicholas Nassim Taleb and Malcolm Gladwell's ideas.

The point I was making previously was specifically about his writing style, nonsense that some people expect him to write like Jamie Jackson or Neil Ashton - something he could not do if he tried to.
Of course he could. But he'd have to raise his standards.

Matthew Syed unlike other footie writers is an actual intellectual, he can't help writing in that style. Nobody has to "like" the way he writes, they only need get the point.

wtf is an "actual intellectual" is there an actual criteria for being one, like in some diagnostic manual somewhere?

And it's all underpinned by a racist anti-foreigner little Englander narrative which we didn't see when Liverpool and United were top of the tree. Most of the media can't wait to get stuck into Pep while he is valued across the rest of the world. It's one of the most worst things about life in the UK. This is an angry country which strangles aspiration and keeps people in their place. Because of this many become envious of success and love to drag people down, all the better if they are foreign.

All the more baffling seeing as his father is/was from Pakistan.

wtf is an "actual intellectual" is there an actual criteria for being one, like in some diagnostic manual somewhere?
Criteria are:
1. Must be bright enough to support City, rather than a red team
2. Must not read the Grauniad, that is the true sign of a pseudo.
3.Must be able to spell Adiyo....er....Abdariario...er....Tosin.

Matthew Syed unlike other footie writers is an actual intellectual, he can't help writing in that style. Nobody has to "like" the way he writes, they only need get the point.
You are Matthew Syed, and I’m here to collect my £50.00. By the way you play ping pong like Sticky Vicky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.