Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had to pick between Ederson and Bravo for this final, regardless of either of them playing in any of the build up games, which would you pick? I feel it will be a mistake to play bravo he just doesn't instill confidence at all. Peps job especially in a final is to pick the best possible combination of players, for the club and for the fans, to give the greatest chance of success. Pep put his eggs in the bravo basket last season, that's why Ederson's here.
done to death now. Bravo is playing. Here,s to a convincing victory come Sunday night

We are mostly in agreement about Eddie V Bravo, but to suggest the defenders frailties are as a result of Bravo playing I believe is wrong. The defenders have had woeful performances in the league this season - some punished, some not.
I think this is the most important point in the entire discussion about our defence. Most of our defenders make at least one minor f*ck up every game (as do most defenders, period), but it usually doesn't lead to anything, so it's quickly forgotten. If we win and anyone tries to discuss the minor defensive f*ck ups that came to nothing, they get shouted down for being negative ("FFS we just won - enjoy it", or "if our defence is so sh*t how come we didn't concede/we have the best defensive record?", etc.). If we lose it's the end of the world and our defence is a "f*cking shambles". It's pretty much the same with our attack too - some chances go in, some don't.

[Anorak] You can actually simulate our season pretty well by throwing a dice. If a 6 is a goal, you throw the dice 18 times for our attack and 4 times for our defence for each game. If you do this, you get a sequence of results that looks just like our season, and it'll usually include a couple of losses and a few draws. And bear in mind that in the games we lose and draw in this simulation, our chances of scoring and conceding are exactly the same as the games we win by 4 or 5 goals. Bad days can crop up randomly, without us being off-form, mentally tired, or just sh*t. I'm not saying that these things can't be part of the explanation, but they don't always have to be. [/Anorak].

Had you bothered to read the thread you will have seen thar Ric clarfied that the option for the draw was for 90 mins only
Ouch, that's a bit snappy for you, Mosssideblue - I'm at work ffs, I don't have time to read 42 pages before making an off the cuff comment...

Edit: ha ha, didn't realise you'd predicted a draw! (under Ric's clarification, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.