Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused because you seemed to be extolling the virtues of his writing style as an intellectual but now you are saying he's a bit shit. Would that still have been your opinion if he hadn't been outed as an unapologetic mouthpiece for Sampson?

I am not and have not at any time conflated those two things, which are separate and distinct from each other. Unfortunately they are also not mutually exclusive.

So I am familiar with his non journalistic writing. I was not however familiar with his other writing as a journalist that implies "bigotry". I will try to locate these Aluko articles to make a better judgment for myself.

To answer your question, had I known he is *misogynistic/bigot etc then I would not have read his work in the first place and so would not know anything about his writing style.
Point I was arguing earlier is that you cannot expect e.g. a uni professor to write like the writers of the MEN. It has nothing to do with pomposity or being full of oneself. But it is entirely possible to be intellectual and still be a shit character. I was not aware of the "shit character".

* I cannot be certain that he is any of these things but I will look for the articles people have mentioned.

I am not and have not at any time conflated those two things, which are separate and distinct from each other. Unfortunately they are also not mutually exclusive.

So I am familiar with his non journalistic writing. I was not however familiar with his other writing as a journalist that implies "bigotry". I will try to locate these Aluko articles to make a better judgment for myself.

To answer your question, had I known he is *misogynistic/bigot etc then I would not have read his work in the first place and so would not know anything about his writing style.
Point I was arguing earlier is that you cannot expect e.g. a uni professor to write like the writers of the MEN. It has nothing to do with pomposity or being full of oneself. But it is entirely possible to be intellectual and still be a shit character. I was not aware of the "shit character".

* I cannot be certain that he is any of these things but I will look for the articles people have mentioned.

Ooh get you!

No really thanks for the clarification

Mate just sent me a text with a link to an article on the Sun, not City related. I've not been on there for ages but couldn't believe how many anti-City and anti-Pep article there was on the "Sports" pages.

Frozen face aka Neil Ashton takes centre stage with a "comments" features that is full on contradictions. Won't be visiting that shite again, even by accident.
Surprised you could even find the anti-City articles given that website has the design sense of a blind badger attempting to put together an Ikea media unit that’s missing a few screws and the hex key.

The Rag loving Daily Fail has got no other headline to write about United on a dreadful performance against Seville.

Manchester United fans rage at Paul Pogba omission *and bait City with Will Grigg song* as Sir Alex Ferguson goes on tour: FIVE THINGS YOU MISSED from Manchester United's goalless draw with Sevilla

Looks like the same company that does the city website.....
Speaking of which, have you ever scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the main page of the club website?

Apparently Denayer, Angelino, Maffeo, Mangala, Garcia, Moreno, and Roberts are all in the first team.

And we thought we have a shallow squad during the injury crisis!

The Rag loving Daily Fail has got no other headline to write about United on a dreadful performance against Seville.

Manchester United fans rage at Paul Pogba omission *and bait City with Will Grigg song* as Sir Alex Ferguson goes on tour: FIVE THINGS YOU MISSED from Manchester United's goalless draw with Sevilla
I find it funny that they sing about this liccle irrelevant club city. It's only poor liccle city. It's hurting them so much haha

Speaking of which, have you ever scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the main page of the club website?

Apparently Denayer, Angelino, Maffeo, Mangala, Garcia, Moreno, and Roberts are all in the first team.

And we thought we have a shallow squad during the injury crisis!
I’ve never been able to scroll anywhere on our website!!

Syed was just a boring table tennis player, I don't know if he has paperwork to suggest he can be a journalist but degrees must have gone downhill.
He has a hard on for Team Sky, their official mouthpiece against anyone who questions their Lance Armstrong techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.