Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
City fans ?
If we had messi we'd piss and moan, he's not scored in 5 games, he never tracks back. He just walks around most games, doesn't fit into peps style of play , Jesus is better he puts defences under pressure, chase's lost causes. Drop him against Chelsea he's useless. Sergio like messi should be giving freedom to do what he does best. Score lots and lots of goals..........Full stop.
Under your scenario, we have the wrong manager then. What needs to give?

The issue we have is that at times Kun can look totally out of sink with the style of play we have, which leaves me thinking that unfortunately his time is coming to an end, it isnt nice to see it happening to such a great player when the game us going on around him. Then at other times he can go and bang in four goals.

Strange dilema and one that only Pep knows the answer too, one part of that is has already been acquired in Jesus. Whether Pep decides to stick or twist is the next question come the summer.

Whatever happens, Kun will either stay a legend or leave a legend

Under your scenario, we have the wrong manager then. What needs to give?
Have you watched messi the last 10 years ? He does not track back for nobody including our manager for 4 of those years. He's was played to his strengths not the manager, you have a player like Sergio or messi your system can surely be tweaked a bit. IMO.

Have you watched messi the last 10 years ? He does not track back for nobody including our manager for 4 of those years. He's was played to his strengths not the manager, you have a player like Sergio or messi your system can surely be tweaked a bit. IMO.

Sorry but that's bullshit, Messi did an absurd amount of defensive work under Pep for a player in that position, much more than Sergio is asked to do now. Looking up the stats from 09/10, Messi was making 3x more interceptions and tackles than Aguero is making now, in 10/11 and 11/12 it was lower, only about 2x as many as Sergio.

Sorry but that's bullshit, Messi did an absurd amount of defensive work under Pep for a player in that position, much more than Sergio is asked to do now. Looking up the stats from 09/10, Messi was making 3x more interceptions and tackles than Aguero is making now, in 10/11 and 11/12 it was lower, only about 2x as many as Sergio.
People tend to forget how hard Messi used to work in that team. He's older now and tends not to close people down so much any more but in that team under Pep there were no passengers in terms of winning the ball back high up the pitch. Personally I don't have a huge issue with Sergio's work rate, it's his touch and decision making that concerns me more. He looks like he's lacking confidence an awful lot of the time to me. That Leicester match summed it up. First half his touch was terrible and he was making poor choices when he had the ball. He then scores one goal and then suddenly looks like the old Sergio, first touch and passing is instantly hugely improved. But then next match he starts off looking like he's lacking a bit of confidence again. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it looks to me.

People tend to forget how hard Messi used to work in that team. He's older now and tends not to close people down so much any more but in that team under Pep there were no passengers in terms of winning the ball back high up the pitch. Personally I don't have a huge issue with Sergio's work rate, it's his touch and decision making that concerns me more. He looks like he's lacking confidence an awful lot of the time to me. That Leicester match summed it up. First half his touch was terrible and he was making poor choices when he had the ball. He then scores one goal and then suddenly looks like the old Sergio, first touch and passing is instantly hugely improved. But then next match he starts off looking like he's lacking a bit of confidence again. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it looks to me.

I'd agree with all of that.

Facts not feelings :)

2nd time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.