State of the Roads in Greater Manchester

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
There's always been potholes but I've noticed this year there have been more than ever. The roads are a fucking joke. I am constantly having to swerve to avoid knackering my tyres. And you just don't see any road works going on to fix it.

Someone goes round on a weekly basis chucking cluster bombs out of their window down here in Surrey, fucking disgraceful the state of some of the roads..!
Forget who the Government is, its been like it for fuckin decades...!

It’s not just the potholes neither though, it’s the traffic. The traffic has been terrible over the last five years and is getting worse. The roads cannot cope with the amount of cars it has during rush hour or any big event going on it Town.

Cars parked on both sides of roads is a big issue as well. They slow everything on B roads down, especially buses, and it’s also dangerous for cyclists when they’re having to weave around parked cars into traffic.

That’s a bigger conundrum to try and fix than the potholes because where do the cars go? There has to be a solution at some point though.

Victoria Avenue was surface dressed a few months ago. Within weeks it started to break up.

It's now back to square one only worse.

A total waste of time and money.
Surface dressing on a main rd like Victoria Av is a complete joke.
They’ve put 20 mph skid risk signs every 30 yds that have just been kicked to shit, broken, lying down all over the place, nobody seems to give a shit anymore!
They used the same shite on Oldham Rd a62 just before Oldham Centre,
There was a lovely shine on it and it looked like a ice rink one morning, but some nice chap stuck a couple of skid risk signs out so jobs a gudn. I think they have put anti skid over it now!

Someone was taking about cobbled streets above as well, go to big cities on the continent and there are lots of cities with lots of cobbled streets. Italy especially. Rip the tarmac/gravel up and leave the cobbles. It’ll slow everyone down and it looks much nicer and I’m sure they’d take much less maintaining. Then concentrate on making the major roads of the city top notch tarmac/gravel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.