Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have nothing to fear really ... it’s just nerves before the final settling in amongst most ...

Two of their Fab Four aren’t even going to play ...

Mikhytarian - Cup tied
Lacazette - Post op, long term injury out

Only Ozil and Abumayang will play. Ozil sometimes goes to sleep in his defensive side of game so all his genius attaching wise levels out at his ability to vacate spaces at times which KdB and Silva will no doubt take advantage of.

Abumayang is new, hasn’t played that many games with them so I’m not too worried about it.

And they have lost their best plan A (in Sanchez) and best plan B (in Giroud) ... what else? Oh, Ramsey who has been their Wembley hero many a times in recent years is a major injury doubt with an ongoing groin strain ...

So I’m very confident ... our boys will be hurting from Wigan defeat ... Aguero well up for it, Sterling well rested and refreshed, Sane has had many a below his par games but always come back strong so would be looking forward to putting it right ... that’s the front three ... I don’t think I need to say a single word about the next three behind them, Silva, Ferna and KdB ...

I don’t see any Arsenal player getting in our XI ... so c’mon City ... and c’mon all of you, let’s go support our team and lift the first cup of the season and first of many of our Pep era!!!
Don’t agree re Sane, I think the kid is brilliant, dynamite, and we are so much better with him than without

For everyone bitching about Bravo starting on Sunday, just remember that we may well not have even been in this competition at this stage if it wasn't for the performance of Bravo. He single handedly kept us in the game against Wolves (making three great saves), as well as the penalty shootout heroics against both Wolves and Leicester. If anyone deserves to start on Sunday, then it is Claudio Bravo!

As they say, Que Sera Sera, whatever will be, will be, we're going to Wembley, Que Sera Sera!

You never know, he may well perform some more penalty shootout heroics on Sunday, ala Caballero in the Final of this competition v Liverpool a couple of seasons ago.

Pep doesn't make decisions because you are scared of what your United mates might say. He makes decisions which build football dynasties. This isn't even a controversial decsions: all the top clubs do it. You have to recruit an expensive, experienced, probably international goalkeeper as your number 2. This probably means that he has to sacrifice the thing he love, his trade, on a week to week basis. So to sign him and motivate him you tell him that he is the domestic cup keeper, all the way to the final should we get there.

The bigger picture here is that every single player in Pep's squad has to feel he is treated fairly. They have to trust him and respect him. The minute he goes back on his word in this kind of situation he destroys that. They are all Bravo's mate.

Bravo will play and, even though it weakens us, it is the correct decision by a man who knows how to look after a squad of top footballers and has them bonded as a unit.
We had all this with Willy in the Liverpool final. Little bitches pissing and moaning. He ended up winning us it.

I am one of the little bitches and what's more I'd prefer Willy to Bravo today.

Watch Bravo concede 3 shots out of 3. There ain't gonna be penalties this time, Arsenal are not Wolves.

Watch Bravo concede 3 shots out of 3. There ain't gonna be penalties this time, Arsenal are not Wolves.

Makes no sense. Why couldn’t it go to penalties? Last time we played them at Wembley in went to extra time, they might not be wolves or Leicester but a cup final is a cup final. Anything can happen.

Have you watched Bravo in the league cup this season? Only for him we wouldn't be in a cup final so give it a rest with all the Bravo criticism.

I live in hope that this game will be decided by football and not at the behest of a referee like last time we played at Wembley. Although I hold little hope that this will be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.