Sol Campbell

BobKowalski said:
Carver said:
Paul Ince, captain 7 times
Rio Ferdinand, captain 7 times
Sol Campbell, captain 3 times

Ferdinand was 1st choice captain after Terry was stripped of the captaincy. Ince was captain in Stuart Pearce and David Platt's absence.
Campbell was lucky to be captain 3 times. The ticket tout and Martin Peters were only captain for 7 games between them in Bobby Moore's absence.

Just to add a different perspective in that there is black like Sol Campbell and there is black or 'light skinned' as in Rio or Ince.

For example Theo and AOC (light skinned) much celebrated. Daniel Sturridge (black) stroppy, money grabbing troublemaker. Different narrative. When Micah (black) was playing well in our title winning season he was constantly overlooked for England. Glen Johnson (light skinned) a regular. Micah was deemed 'not clever enough' to play RB at international level. So is 'not clever enough' another way of saying 'too black'?

When Obama was elected in 2008 there was a program on US TV celebrating the fact that a black man was now President. One of the guests a black comedian just laughed and pointed to himself and said when someone who looks like me gets elected President then we can talk. The guest in question was very black.

As I said just a different perspective.

you need a better example as that statement isn't anything other than a statement of fact and nothing to do with how black he is

One of the greatest minds OK we better call Sol.

Love it.

2015-01-10_ent_5858779_I3.JPG

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.