Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he has more presence & is more like Fernandinho than Fred. But Fred would be a great asset to the squad anyhow. But he alone as a full replacement for Fernandinho will not necessarily work out.

Ndoodah whatshisface is also 29, 30 in december this year, so probs not viable really, but agree re Fred/Ferna and the concerns. Still want Fred though as he's quality

Yes, he has more presence & is more like Fernandinho than Fred. But Fred would be a great asset to the squad anyhow. But he alone as a full replacement for Fernandinho will not necessarily work out.

The Nzonzi who plods around chasing the ball and the passes it sideways? Tall, strong, physical, gets a nosebleed in the final third? He’s absolutely nothing like Fernandinho.

Nzonzi is more like a decent version of Fernando.

It's pointless judging a player on ONE game.
Couldn't agree more which is why in my initial response I specifically pointed out that it was one match compared with our scouts who will have watched him over many games and will be much better judges than me.
I was just demurring from the poster who thought that performance was phenomenal.

Fred looks like he has similar levels of stamina and agility as Kante, his passing game is way superior to Kante's.

That's two very good teams where he has come out on top; he dominated the SD vs Napoli game and was crucial to the SD win.

What I don't like about Jorginho, Fabinho and others mentioned is that they visibly tire in the final 20 mins of matches. Against Monaco at home and Napoli away we hit them hard in the final minutes. Fabinho was nails when we played them away but it was a one off.

Fred would have scored a certain goal against us at home but for Ferna's perfectly timed last ditch intervention in from of our goal.

Edit: Now I am not sure that it was Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.