Today's shooting in America thread

so the one man on site trained to deal with it was a coward who stood aside and let him carry on anyway.
That's a bit harsh without knowing the full facts. He's been in the role since 2009 and probably hasn't had to deal with anything remotely like this situation. His pistol may never have been drawn at any point during his employment except for servicing. If he doesn't have regular training and assessment from his employers, then it's quite expected to freeze. Or maybe he was trying to assess the situation and had no information to work with. The SWAT teams go in as a team, with extra support. This is just another reason why arming teachers is ridiculous, you just can't switch from teacher to killer in an instant.

so the one man on site trained to deal with it was a coward who stood aside and let him carry on anyway.

You have no right to call him a coward, a pistol vs an assault rifle normally results in certain death. He isn't paid enough to be John McClain.

. This is just another reason why arming teachers is ridiculous, you just can't switch from teacher to killer in an instant.
I had a chemistry teacher who had no trouble doing so. Seriously, tho, you are right, it' s plain bonkers. Only in America.......

So easy to call a man a coward when you have no idea how you would react in such a circumstance. I know he was paid as a police officer but would you challenge a guy shooting an assault rifle with a pistol? Damned sure I wouldn’t you would wait for backup.

Even 'real' coppers are told to wait on backup before entering a building on their own.
I obviously don't know the whole story but the guy has been hung out to dry

Ironic that the main proponent of teachers putting themselves in the line of fire is Cadet Bonespurs who got five draft deferrments to avoid such a situation for himself.

So easy to call a man a coward when you have no idea how you would react in such a circumstance. I know he was paid as a police officer but would you challenge a guy shooting an assault rifle with a pistol? Damned sure I wouldn’t you would wait for backup.

Keyboard warriors feel no fear. God knows how any one of us would react in that circumstance.

I don’t know all the details but it looks like the guard is being made the scapegoat. It would have been suicide for him if all he had was a pistol against an auto or semi auto assault rifle. Even if he had gone in no guarantee he would have taken the shooter down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.