Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

It was would be a minor disappointment to only win the league considering the way we've played this season but I'd still celebrate it wildly and certainly would not lose any sleep if it were the only trophy in the cabinet at the start of next season.

Think you may have got the wrong end of the stick there mate. I was taking the piss out of united fans who tried to claim the Community Shield, League Cup and Europa League as a treble last season.

I know mate missed it entirely, that's because only the fucking thickest of rag fans actually would count last season as a treble!!

For a City fan, there's no conceivable universe in which winning the EPL can be regarded as “failure”, especially when you had a 44 year wait for it.
What cannot be emphasised enough: the average age of most of this team (with the exceptions of Merlin, Fern, Sergio and Otamendi – and Vinny if you still count him as a starting eleven choice) is now absurdly low. They are three years off their peak. Maybe even four. Even Kev, I believe, will get better over the next couple of years. We're winning the league at a canter, with a bunch of kids or near-kids (and this isn't even taking account of Phil Foden, Brahim Diaz, possibly Pablo Maffeo to come back). You have not seen the best of this team – far from it. What we now need to learn is how to be clinical. In the second half of the season, that has been pretty seriously lacking. That is why I think the odds are still long on our winning the CL. Quarter finals, semi-finals, would be satisfactory for me. Plus the league.
I will admit that I will be utterly, utterly pissed off if we don't win on Sunday, though.

i was only say last night to my son if we win the league cup and premier league will the club still have the open top bus tour and town hall reception i think it my not happen but a etihad party and a sing song could

Only one talking bollocks here.

To win the Europa league means you've already failed and missed tour targets, it's one trophy i hope we never win as it will mean we've become shite again, as for the Community shield, it's a fucking glorified friendly and gets treated as such with clubs allowed to make as many subs as they do. It's shite and should be scrapped, it only gets put on honours boards because it sounds good, in reality any club can be invited to play in it.

No, the one talking rubbish is you sunshine.

They are both trophies that will go on our honours list.

You sound like a right snob with what you just put, same attitude you get from that lot in Stretford.

You wouldn't want to win the Europa League? you mad?

Are you british? if you were you would know its a friendly to kick off the season,the europa league we do NOT EVER WANT,you are in it because you are to crap to be in the champions league,something we do not have lol

I'm a born and bred Englishman and have supported City since 1988 sweet cheeks.

And bollocks, its a registered trophy that goes on your honours list, which all major clubs in England list.

It may be perceived as a glorified friendly, but still its a trophy.

Your saying you wouldn't want us to win the Europa League (old UEFA Cup) ??

Because we have really done so well in Europe in our history haven't we to be picky.

We still ain't good enough for the Champions League.

No, the one talking rubbish is you sunshine.

They are both trophies that will go on our honours list.

You sound like a right snob with what you just put, same attitude you get from that lot in Stretford.

You wouldn't want to win the Europa League? you mad?

Fucking snob sunshine lol.

As for sounding like those across the road in TRAFFORD, No i don't want to win the Europa league because it would mean we'd fucking failed in the first place you tool, if you were to ask me did i want to win it in 2009 when we played Hamburg then yes of course i did because that was the level we were at, if we get back to that level i'll be fucking pissed off as everyone else because we've been disappointing either in that seasons CL or the previous ones league campaign.

Fuck me some people.

I'm a born and bred Englishman and have supported City since 1988 sweet cheeks.

And bollocks, its a registered trophy that goes on your honours list, which all major clubs in England list.

It may be perceived as a glorified friendly, but still its a trophy.

Your saying you wouldn't want us to win the Europa League (old UEFA Cup) ??

Because we have really done so well in Europe in our history haven't we to be picky.

We still ain't good enough for the Champions League.

So going off your last line, you'd rather be in the Europa than the CL because we'd have a better chance of winning it? Why not go the whole hog and ask for us to be entered into the Johnstone paint trophy or whatever it's called nowadays as we haven't won that either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.