Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

Fucking snob sunshine lol.

As for sounding like those across the road in TRAFFORD, No i don't want to win the Europa league because it would mean we'd fucking failed in the first place you tool, if you were to ask me did i want to win it in 2009 when we played Hamburg then yes of course i did because that was the level we were at, if we get back to that level i'll be fucking pissed off as everyone else because we've been disappointing either in that seasons CL or the previous ones league campaign.

Fuck me some people.

Again, sounded like a snob, swearing always a great way of getting your point across.

So if City were to A.) Fail to get a UCL place during the league season or B.) Have a poor time in the group stage in the UCL you wouldn't want to go in the Europa League or even win it?

What an idiotic comment to make.

So going off your last line, you'd rather be in the Europa than the CL because we'd have a better chance of winning it? Why not go the whole hog and ask for us to be entered into the Johnstone paint trophy or whatever it's called nowadays as we haven't won that either.

No, did i say that?

I said we ain't good enough to win the champions league still, but if the only European trophy to win was the Europa League in that season, I'd be going for the Europa League as most normal people would do.

Again, sounded like a snob, swearing always a great way of getting your point across.

So if City were to A.) Fail to get a UCL place during the league season or B.) Have a poor time in the group stage in the UCL you wouldn't want to go in the Europa League or even win it?

What an idiotic comment to make.

No, did i say that?

I said we ain't good enough to win the champions league still, but if the only European trophy to win was the Europa League in that season, I'd be going for the Europa League as most normal people would do.

Again do you actually read what i post? I said i wouldn't want to be in them in the first place!! If we were we'd have failed, heads would have probably rolled but yes i'd want to succeed if that ended up being the case, still wouldn't be happy though.

And would you rather do what the rags did and go all out for the EL and not finish top 4 and risk missing out again the following season? I know i wouldn't.

Again do you actually read what i post? I said i wouldn't want to be in them in the first place!! If we were we'd have failed, heads would have probably rolled but yes i'd want to succeed if that ended up being the case, still wouldn't be happy though.

And would you rather do what the rags did and go all out for the EL and not finish top 4 and risk missing out again the following season? I know i wouldn't.

they actually were putting out a weakened team in the EL until they played Liverpool

I'm a born and bred Englishman and have supported City since 1988 sweet cheeks.

And bollocks, its a registered trophy that goes on your honours list, which all major clubs in England list.

It may be perceived as a glorified friendly, but still its a trophy.

Your saying you wouldn't want us to win the Europa League (old UEFA Cup) ??

Because we have really done so well in Europe in our history haven't we to be picky.

We still ain't good enough for the Champions League.
Lol

The league has become better in my opinion. Most promoted teams win against the big teams, this is because of the high quality in the Championship which is one of the toughest leagues on the planet. The promotion teams are staying up at a rate of 2/3 regularly, which was unheard of twenty years back.

Like many on here, I waited 40 years for that first league title ... something I never thought I'd see, so to win any league title is fantastic. However ... if you dropped Leicester or Burnley or any decent PL side into our current position (16 pts clear as we enter March, playing LC final tomorrow, 4-0 up from CL first leg, etc) then from this position, even those teams would consider the league title as the least they could now achieve.

So yes, the league only would be both incredible ... but also disappointing.

There's no way you can see this season as a failure given the way we've played. It would perhaps be a missed oportunity should we "only" win the league and nothing else as there's potential for a lot more but I do think our small squad will cost us and already has in terms of the FA Cup. Put it this way, Idl settle for just the league every season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.