Jadon Sancho

Didn't he go on strike or Awol as we wanted to take him on tour. No mention of that in the BBC report

Didn't he go on strike or Awol as we wanted to take him on tour. No mention of that in the BBC report

He wasn't taken on tour because he wouldn't sign a contract. There has then been conflicting reports as to whether he went awol, or the club allowed him to stay away to find himself a new club.

Still think he left mainly due to the clubs previous lack of effort integrating other youth. I think he didnt believe in us to give him a chance even if we said we would, maybe with an agent whispering in his ear.

Just wish he stayed one more year, sure he would have got some game time with Pep this year on the left and would have kept him happy / developing. Always liked to see him play in the youth games, very entertaining.

Assuming you're a grown adult, I actually feel embarrassed for you for this post.

lets have it right here please he is a big head and a know it all and at his age thinks he can walk into the first team or demand a place????. if a manager of pep guardiola quality thinks your not ready then your not ready its that simple you don't question him and there will only be one winner anyway. i watched a lot of him in the youth team and in that cup run to the final and he did ok but was never ready for first team or first team squad in the premier league

now i knew he had a bit of a reputation at watford and city paid lot of money for at the time. but it also come with baggage and talk of him being a big jonny bollocks at watford and the people around him talked him up to much. the agent is key and with him comes the problem and why move to germany and still not getting much game time. if he is that good a player why is he not starting ever week maybe pep was right after all

listen to the right people and he could have had a chance at manchester city but when your agent pimps you and says the wrong things what chances have you got and i can only see move after move and lost at a young age. seen it time and time again so many young players think they know the game and better than the manager and don't listen next thing at the age of 25 finished or playing none league its a fine line and that little bit of advise somebody gives you at a young age makes all the difference

its a hard world of football and am not saying am right but i know a silly little boy that thinks he is the bee's knees and over hyped by people not in football and for your reply please don't feel embarrassed for me i say what i feel and say what i see and a **** is a ****

lets have it right here please he is a big head and a know it all and at his age thinks he can walk into the first team or demand a place????

You're literally just making things up now.

And if he's overhyped and not ready for the first team squad, why on Earth are you bothered about him leaving?

You're literally just making things up now.

And if he's overhyped and not ready for the first team squad, why on Earth are you bothered about him leaving?

its the way he left and not listening to the best manager in the world when pep said he's not ready for first team football at this level and like i said I've seen 100s of players just like sancho piss up there careers by not listening to managers. daniel sturridge is another one he shown great talent at manchester city in youth level even made it into the first team squad but wanted more than a squad number he wanted to start every week

look no doubt he could be a good player but many have looked the part at youth level and sometimes its not the talent in the feet but in the head. you have to listen to people like pep how can somebody that is just starting out in football not listen to pep its brainless and stupid at any level but at youth level is bonkers

Well he was starting matches for Dortmund before his injury, which suggests that he is making some sort of impact. He's played more minutes in the league this season than Foden and Brahim combined..

For balance, he played a few minutes for a team that has been injury ravaged. At one point, 11 first team squad members were unavailable while the club were playing in both domestic and European competitions. While Foden has been out for a few months. Apples and oranges...

And it does take an element of belief and bravery for a 17 year old to turn down £30k a week to go and ply his trade in a new country where he doesn't speak the language..

The issue of wages is irrelevant unless you know what he earns.

As for 'belief' and 'bravery', why did he not look to fight his way into our first team? Looking forward to how you to try and spin that into a positive.

You mentioned that he didn't go AWOL. It seems, in your opinion, that anything negative mentioned about Sancho is wrong but anything positive about him, you add bells to it.

It's funny how nobody had an issue when he left Watford to join City for (presumably) more money. Or nobody has an issue when the likes of Lorenzo Gonzales, Nabil Touaizi and Benjamin Garre leave their clubs to join City.

That's because we are Blues who, in general, don't care for Watford and other clubs where the youngsters started.

Honest question.....are you a Blue? Seems a lot of your posts are critical of players and the club.

There's no way a 17 year old kid is going to get any serious game time in the EPL at whatever club you can name. Maybe Sterling was an anomaly but it isn't likely to ever happen again. Maybe a mid-table club with nothing to play for at the back end of a season could do a 20 minute intro, but that's about it.

There's no way a 17 year old kid is going to get any serious game time in the EPL at whatever club you can name. Maybe Sterling was an anomaly but it isn't likely to ever happen again. Maybe a mid-table club with nothing to play for at the back end of a season could do a 20 minute intro, but that's about it.
Yeah this. Sometimes I think people forget this when they talk about Foden in particular. Not that he's not a talent, but normally for an u-18 player to be playing senior football frequently and regularly they have to be ahead of the rest in terms of physical development some way or another (Rooney, Sterling, Lukaku, Mbappe, Kompany etc). Either that or they're Messi. Most top youngsters don't get game time until they're at least 19. KDB didn't play regularly in Belgium until then and David Silva didn't get regular games until 20. They did obviously get time and games when they were younger but not at the level of a top of the tree PL club (or similar).

A 17 year old can never realistically expect game time at the level City are at. City are a bit weird in that there aren't any 19-21 year olds on the periphery in the way but the point is the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.