State of the Roads in Greater Manchester

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Surface dressing on a main rd like Victoria Av is a complete joke.
They’ve put 20 mph skid risk signs every 30 yds that have just been kicked to shit, broken, lying down all over the place, nobody seems to give a shit anymore!
They used the same shite on Oldham Rd a62 just before Oldham Centre,
There was a lovely shine on it and it looked like a ice rink one morning, but some nice chap stuck a couple of skid risk signs out so jobs a gudn. I think they have put anti skid over it now!
The whole of Oldham Road is terrible, especially heading North. The stretch through Newton Heath and Failsworth has some massive holes in it, with the two lanes you cant avoid them either

Victoria Avenue was surface dressed a few months ago. Within weeks it started to break up.

It's now back to square one only worse.

A total waste of time and money.

Surface dressing on a main rd like Victoria Av is a complete joke.
They’ve put 20 mph skid risk signs every 30 yds that have just been kicked to shit, broken, lying down all over the place, nobody seems to give a shit anymore!
They used the same shite on Oldham Rd a62 just before Oldham Centre,
There was a lovely shine on it and it looked like a ice rink one morning, but some nice chap stuck a couple of skid risk signs out so jobs a gudn. I think they have put anti skid over it now!

Pick my lad up from Vic Ave East in the morning and you’re right it’s ridiculous. Also I often run along it and the amount of rubble that’s been thrown and still is on to the pavement is mad, surprised no one has been injured by flying debris. Drive to Macc everyday and without doubt that’s the worse section we drive along.

They redid Victoria avenue last year and it’s fucked already.

Oops already mentioned

What’s a story about emigration in 2015 got to do with the roads?

emigration raises tax receipts, ie more money. So the trickle down effect would potentially be more spending.

But we are in year X of ‘austerity’ and the major international companies still aren’t paying the general publics or the small national companies level of tax.

... so years of underfunding and an ever increasing backlog have left the ongoing road repair situation in a complete state. added to it, the obsession with using salt - which attacks the road surface integrity and hence leads to more repairs...

What’s a story about emigration in 2015 got to do with the roads?

emigration raises tax receipts, ie more money. So the trickle down effect would potentially be more spending.

But we are in year X of ‘austerity’ and the major international companies still aren’t paying the general publics or the small national companies level of tax.

... so years of underfunding and an ever increasing backlog have left the ongoing road repair situation in a complete state. added to it, the obsession with using salt - which attacks the road surface integrity and hence leads to more repairs...

Overall taxes might have gone up but that increase doesn’t cover the amount that has to be spent on accommodating all these new people with new and improved infrastructure, unless they earn a certain amount, so that’s the relevance.

Now that a pot hole

There's plenty worse than that round Burnage & Didsbury, what the fuck are the council doing ? I drive a lot around South Manchester & I havnt seen any vans out repairing , it's serious now because it fucking dangerous , has anybody seen School lane in Didbury ? It's like a dirt track in the Congo .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.