Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice last night when BT Sport were promoting (several times) the Champs League second leg ties involving Us, Dippers Spuds

"Don't forget to tune in the BT Sport for the second leg ties w/c 5th March. Live on BT Sport, Liverpool v Porto and a cracking second leg between Spurs and Juventus" !!!!

I suspect our game might be on the ESPN Dodgeball Channel which is obviously not worthy of any promotion

Saw those clips through the Shaktar Roma game. Never mentioned us once. Has our game been called off?

Did anyone else notice last night when BT Sport were promoting (several times) the Champs League second leg ties involving Us, Dippers Spuds

"Don't forget to tune in the BT Sport for the second leg ties w/c 5th March. Live on BT Sport, Liverpool v Porto and a cracking second leg between Spurs and Juventus" !!!!

I suspect our game might be on the ESPN Dodgeball Channel which is obviously not worthy of any promotion

Yeah, I pointed it out to my mate, a red dipper...he started off by saying "Well, that's cos you're 4 up whereas...." before trailing off mid-sentence as the penny dropped!

I am not and have not at any time conflated those two things, which are separate and distinct from each other. Unfortunately they are also not mutually exclusive.

So I am familiar with his non journalistic writing. I was not however familiar with his other writing as a journalist that implies "bigotry". I will try to locate these Aluko articles to make a better judgment for myself.

To answer your question, had I known he is *misogynistic/bigot etc then I would not have read his work in the first place and so would not know anything about his writing style.
Point I was arguing earlier is that you cannot expect e.g. a uni professor to write like the writers of the MEN. It has nothing to do with pomposity or being full of oneself. But it is entirely possible to be intellectual and still be a shit character. I was not aware of the "shit character".

* I cannot be certain that he is any of these things but I will look for the articles people have mentioned.
tell me, would you read an article by a staunch feminist? or a raving lesbian

tell me, would you read an article by a staunch feminist? or a raving lesbian
Now there’s a blog I would be interested in reading.

Jokes aside, no person that fits those descriptions is by default in the same moral low ground as a misogynist or bigot, so I would be more inclined to read their work.

They are just impassioned advocates of the rights of (and certain methods of protecting) a group of people, which is not the same as a person advocating (openly or through continued subtext) for discrimination or mistreatment of a group of people.

There are many a “journalist” that fit into the bigoted group that I avoid as much as possible as I do not want to give any encouragement (clicks, ad revenue, or otherwise) to their brand of discourse.

Last edited:
Now there’s a blog I would be interested in reading.

Jokes aside, no person that fits those descriptions is by default in the same moral low ground as a misogynist or bigot, so I would be more inclined to read their work.

They are just impassioned advocates of the rights of (and certain methods of protecting) a group of people, which is not the same as a person advocating (openly or through continued subtext) for discrimination or mistreatment of a group of people.

There are many a “journalist” that fit into the bigoted group that I avoid as much as possible as I do not want to give any encouragement (clicks, ad revenue, or otherwise) to their brand of discourse.
The diaries of a raving lesbian feminists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.