Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Anyone who argues Ederson should play ahead of him is basically making the claim that they're a better man-manager than Pep. Of course, Ederson is better but that was never the question

Sounds like Bernardo will start on the right ahead of Sterling based on Pep's press conference

Of course they aren’t fucking claiming that

Also posted in the ‘Wembley Plans’ thread:

For those of us not able to make it to Wembley, but will (foolishly) be in London, what are the best pubs to watch City these days (if any at all, given the Rag infestation)?

I know the Strand used to be a safe harbour, and there was a group of blues that would meet at the Half Moon in Herne Hill (I went some years back and it was a decent time), but not sure those are still current.

Calling all blues living in exile...

This. Anyone who argues Ederson should play ahead of him is basically making the claim that they're a better man-manager than Pep. Of course, Ederson is better but that was never the question

Sounds like Bernardo will start on the right ahead of Sterling based on Pep's press conference

I prefer Ederson but Bravo got us (or helped us significantly) to the final - it's unfair to drop him and would affect team morale, that's what Pep is alluding too.
People should remember the 2013 Vs Wigan and the Hart / Pantilimon scenario, that didn't work.
Besides which are people genuinely questioning a serial trophy winner?

Also posted in the ‘Wembley Plans’ thread:

For those of us not able to make it to Wembley, but will (foolishly) be in London, what are the best pubs to watch City these days (if any at all, given the Rag infestation)?

I know the Strand used to be a safe harbour, and there was a group of blues that would meet at the Half Moon in Herne Hill (I went some years back and it was a decent time), but not sure those are still current.

Calling all blues living in exile...

There's an actively blue-friendly pub on one of the roads leading south from the Euston Road, across the road from Euston station. It might be in Endsleigh Street or one of the streets parallel to it. It's really not far from the station, you can actually see the pub, down on the right of that street, when you're at the top of it. Unfortunately, I've been racking my brains to remember the name of the pub or the street, and I've tried to track it down on Google Maps, but I simply can't. But I can vouch for everything else. I watched us away to Everton in the run-in to the title in 2014 there, (I well remember the agony of going through that match) it was full of good blues, some of whom were clearly London regulars. At most, it's five minutes walk from Euston Station. Anybody else know that place? @Chris in London, maybe?

I don't think there would even be this concern if we'd beaten wigan. That loss puts ore emphasis on this trophy and some people are concerned now

Bravo is the cup goalie. Let's get behind him

I really don’t see the point of discussing Bravo vs Ederson in this thread.

We all know Ederson is better but Pep confirmed Bravo will start. End of story.

Every time I open this thread it’s the same discussion. Do we play better with Ederson? yes. Do we have a better chance in the final with Ederson? Yes. Is Ederson superior is every way? yes.

But PEP CONFIRMED BRAVO WILL START THE MATCH.

I watched the highlights of the last League Cup final v Liverpool on the OS, we battered them everywhere but the scoreboard. We did the same last year against Arsenal in the FA Cup, I really hope we convert our chances on Sunday for a change!

Yes we need to have some faith in the guy as he may be needed in the big competitions in the weeks ahead if something happens Ed. Also as I have said many times before this competition is very small potatoes nice to win but no big deal if you don't we have bigger fish to fry.

Do you really mean that? I just think it sounds a little bit arrogant, the kind of thing United fans would have spouted a few years back. Watching us through all those barren years makes me grateful and proud whenever we win a trophy, irrespective of which one. The league shows we are the best team in the land over a more consistent basis rather than a few cup games, but nevertheless I'd much rather us try and win it now we're there. It's a long drive home without the cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.