Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

In the UK, the yellow ribbon is used as a symbol of support for women suffering from endometriosis. Defence sorted.

I'm sure it's just coincidence that Pep's been wearing the yellow ribbon for months yet the FA wait until two days before City play a cup final at Wembley before charging him.

Pep will just innovate yet again and this Sunday we will see an “inverted ribbon” peeking out from the other side of his lapel or bulging from the underside of his jumper.

This has far more serious potential to affect us than just annoying Pep before the Caraboa Cup. Ultimately this could cost us Pep.

Pep is a man of principle and is publicly completely committed to the Catalonian cause, so he is unlikely to back down.

can you see him stopping wearing the ribbon having ignored two warnings?

If he carries on then the bans get longer and longer and ultimately he may well decide to move elsewhere.

Best thing to do is for the fans to wear the yellow ribbon to show our support of Pep, and hopefully he will feel we can do the ribbon wearing for him.

:(

Pmsl this could cost us Pep.

So Pep wears a yellow ribbon to signify Catalan unity. How many people noticed, really?

The F.A. Have now charged him. Someone entrepreneur will start to sell them because I couldn't find any just checking eBay. Cue 40,000 ish in the crowd every week at The Etihad wearing them. Genius F.A.! Thicker than a whale omelette. You can't make this shit up.

I wonder if the FA have waited until now because they’ve got no choice, as the only competition they run is the FA cup. If they’ve warned him twice, it could be that the first one was after the 3rd round, the second one after the fourth round and he ignored both so the Wigan game was the next one?
This reply is nowhere nearly hysterically enough.

I'm pretty sure Pep will wear an even bigger ribbon on Sunday and will revel in the attention that he is wearing it for in the first place.

Simple defence: it's not political, simply an expression in support of people wanting freedom of expression. Good luck attacking that, FA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.