Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell me, would you read an article by a staunch feminist? or a raving lesbian

Hmmm...how does this fit in with anything I said? To the best of my knowledge *Sampson told Aluko not to bring Ebola to the country*, some posters on this board have said Matthew Syed was a mouthpiece for Sampson against Aluko, something I wasn't aware of and which disgusts me.

Would I read an article by a staunch feminist? or a raving lesbian?

That would depend entirely on what they were writing/raving about. For example, if they were calling for land to be confiscated and a return to the feudal rule of William the Conqueror or that all women become lesbians then I would probably not make a habit of reading their articles. The fact they were feminist/lesbian would be immaterial to me. What I choose to read is not determined by a writer's gender/race/sexual orientation/religion etc, the thought of doing that actually offends me.

* as reported by The Guardian.

Now there’s a blog I would be interested in reading.

Jokes aside, no person that fits those descriptions is by default in the same moral low ground as a misogynist or bigot, so I would be more inclined to read their work.

They are just impassioned advocates of the rights of (and certain methods of protecting) a group of people, which is not the same as a person advocating (openly or through continued subtext) for discrimination or mistreatment of a group of people.

There are many a “journalist” that fit into the bigoted group that I avoid as much as possible as I do not want to give any encouragement (clicks, ad revenue, or otherwise) to their brand of discourse.

Just seen your post, SebastianBlue. Thanks for saying it better than I ever could have.

Fuck them all. In a few years one of the Internet giants will snaffle up the tv deal and there'll drawing universal credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.