Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

Think it's because they don't want him wearing it at a high profile (media wise) final.
That is all.

Very good point. Half the world watching, the camera pans to Pep and they all see the ribbon. Sky get it in the neck, the FA get it in the neck so the easyiest thing to do is charge him now, late on a Friday so the club lawyers cannot intervene and hope that he doesn't wear it. Wankers.

If someone had an sense they would make thousands of Catalonian scarves/flags with City on, sell them out side Wembley and we all wave them for Pep.

That is another reason why they waited until the last minute to charge him, no time for the entrepreneurs (sp) to get organised for the first time in my life I would buy a half n half scarf, Half City half Catalonia.

Can he wear a Blue Ribbon to express his support for those oppressed peoples prevented from wearing their yellow ribbon?

Can he wear a Blue Ribbon to express his support for those oppressed peoples prevented from wearing their yellow ribbon?
The thing is if it melted it would ruin his cup final suit but good idea all the same.

fuck me its Riband !!! 55 years plus of eating them things, never knew that.

As per BBC.......

The FA had spoken to Guardiola about the issue in mid-December and two formal warnings have been given which were ignored.

The charge was then triggered when he again wore it pitchside - he is free to wear it elsewhere - during City's shock FA Cup loss against Wigan on Monday.

Interesting FA first got in touch with Pep mid Dec. We played united 10th Dec. So they take orders from Mourinho.

Very good point. Half the world watching, the camera pans to Pep and they all see the ribbon. Sky get it in the neck, the FA get it in the neck so the easyiest thing to do is charge him now, late on a Friday so the club lawyers cannot intervene and hope that he doesn't wear it. Wankers.
I don't know their motives (but can guess...) but as they've raised it it's more likely he'll wear it and it's far more likely it'll get worldwide coverage than if they hadn't charged him.

I'm happy to wear a yellow ribbon on Sunday in support of free speach, but maybe won't out of respect for our other Spanish players as I'm not sure how they would feel about the "situation".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.