Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

Would normally say the same but in this case it's more to do with supporting our manager than politics.
It's about supporting our manager on a very political point, namely, Catalonian independence. How would we feel if he rocked up wearing a green ribbon saying he was all out for a united Ireland? There'd be fucking uproar - and rightly so. Not for his choice of politics, but because he'd chosen to be so overtly political in a non-political environment (a football match). You could argue he's simply stating and exhibiting a long-held view on an important issue. And part of me applauds that. But the greater part of me, says leave that to a non-sporting arena. Football, for a lot, myself included, is a chance to get away from the quotidian drudgery of political rhetoric.

Isn't the Arsenal song ''she wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon.....'' so for that reason, I'm out (even though I won't be there and watching in a pub in Tampa....)
Errrr ,, really? ....not sure I’ve heard that one........even if true (???) i would say go for it,,,,,

Supporting our manager's politics?
I am 100% behind Pep but sadly remember back to which ever world cup it was..... Spain 82?? And the Polish workers Solidarity banners being removed and then Robbie Fowler being fined for revealing a support the dockers t shirt.
Interestingly, the FA told UEFA to fuck off when faced with a fine if poppies were displayed on shirts...... so lets hope Pep tells the FA to fuck off
This

Chants of yellow, yellow, yellow....

DWv_Tb7_EXc_AMuf_Ow.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.