The National Anthem

Because the anthem is not about Britain but an individual born into wealth who doesn't give a shit about the peasants who are declaring their love for her. England fans singing it every 3 minutes make me cringe. It's sheep we're up against

I happen to think, as monarchs go, her majesty is up there with the very best in history.

At the age she is and just recovering from illness, she travelled up to Manchester to meet the recovering victims of the cowardly attack at the MEN, whilst they were in hospital.

I mean, it’s a small gesture in the grand scheme of things but it’s incidence like this, that she doesn’t have to do, that make people like her.

To say she simply doesn’t care is a bit unfair. She certainly cares more than a lot of other rich people.

Harry and William are both decent too, I’m not particularly fond of Charles at all though.

It’s hardly an offensive song is it? I think the concept of god is ludicrous but whilst it’s our national anthem, I’ll sing it because I love the country.

There are better options out there but it’s hardly something to get worked up about.

I happen to think, as monarchs go, her majesty is up there with the very best in history.

At the age she is and just recovering from illness, she travelled up to Manchester to meet the recovering victims of the cowardly attack at the MEN, whilst they were in hospital.

I mean, it’s a small gesture in the grand scheme of things but it’s incidence like this, that she doesn’t have to do, that make people like her.

To say she simply doesn’t care is a bit unfair. She certainly cares more than a lot of other rich people.

Harry and William are both decent too, I’m not particularly fond of Charles at all though.

It’s hardly an offensive song is it? I think the concept of god is ludicrous but whilst it’s our national anthem, I’ll sing it because I love the country.

There are better options out there but it’s hardly something to get worked up about.
That's it though. It isn't a song about the country. It's about an individual, a wealthy individual, and the peasants lap it up..... ''long to reign over us''.... fuck that, as lovely a person as she is.... she wasn't elected and nor were her family.
Let's have a new anthem.
I'm sure Morrissey could be consulted to write one ;)

That's it though. It isn't a song about the country. It's about an individual, a wealthy individual, and the peasants lap it up..... ''long to reign over us''.... fuck that, as lovely a person as she is.... she wasn't elected and nor were her family.
Let's have a new anthem.

Who are you calling a peasant.....peasant?

Last edited:
Let's have a new anthem.

Who are these peasants you keep talking about?

No she wasn’t elected but that’s exaclty why she barely has any power. If she did I’d be the first to campaign to change it.

The words are pretty meaningless and are historical. I don’t focus on them too much, just as a blue moon didn’t seen me standing alone etc.

You can keep that **** over there, I like the Smiths but hate that tosser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.