Today's shooting in America thread

bda3ae0e4727b7e0ffc766c49242fb5d.jpg

I like this

The real answer is manufacture and sell baseball bats to some and create a market for baseball bats - then move on from wooden ones to metal ones and market them - then put nails through the bats and get your marketing team on the case ..................at some stage you end up at semi automatic guns and bump stocks.............and the NRA

So trump says an armed teacher would “have shot the hell out of the gunman”. Ok let’s say he’s does, but how many kids have still been shot before this? This doesn’t stop kids getting shot. It just has a chance of reducing the body count.
And it won’t act as a deterrent as nearly all shooters go in Knowing full well they have a very good chance of not coming out alive.

Nothing is going to change anytime soon, I just hope the watershed moment has been reached with these kids and they keep their momentum into adulthood so they will have the power to make policy change a valuable item on the election agenda.
The more I think of this the more ludicrous it becomes. Not only would the shooter still be able to kill some, they've now got a short window to kill as many as possible before being caught.

What I've not heard from anyone yet, is the more obvious reactive solution of building bullet proof panic rooms or doors to each classroom, controlled automatically. As soon as the alarm is raised, the classroom doors lock but can be overridden by the teacher to allow people caught in the hallways in.

If this phenomenon continues to grow and fester (as I expect it will) the only workable solution to this would be for some States (within which, to the majority of the population, gun ownership is an anathema) to secede from the Union. With the number of guns in circulation, it’s the only realistic way to bypass the second amendment; as to many US Citizens it is such a sacred cow.

Otherwise, there simply is no answer.

If this phenomenon continues to grow and fester (as I expect it will) the only workable solution to this would be for some States (within which, to the majority of the population, gun ownership is an anathema) to secede from the Union. With the number of guns in circulation, it’s the only realistic way to bypass the second amendment; as to many US Citizens it is such a sacred cow.

Otherwise, there simply is no answer.
Edit; I suppose if that possibility arose, I wonder if some States would be allowed to opt out of the Second Amendment, although with an absence of borders, I wonder how effective that could be.

What's to stop the potential gunman grabbing a kid, putting a gun at their head and saying to the armed teacher, "drop your gun knobhead"?
I know that he's there to kill people anyway but who could honestly stand there and say no?

What's to stop the potential gunman grabbing a kid, putting a gun at their head and saying to the armed teacher, "drop your gun knobhead"?
I know that he's there to kill people anyway but who could honestly stand there and say no?
To stop a bad guy with a gun, it takes a good guy with a gun. Simples. Hope that helps.

Or the shooter could just get cosy a 100yrds away lay down. Stock iron sights are more than enough at that range with an assault rifle for even a novice to hit people with relative ease. If they do that when school is ending or similar they firstly have to find him in the car park or school field. Just doing that would be enough time for a lot of people to get killed and no armed school cop could do a damn thing about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.