Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

No offence mate, but your way of thinking frightens me. Devolved democracy hasn't hurt Switzerland and the UK is trending in that direction more and more.

Can Catalonia not have a relationship with the rest of Spain that is similar to that of Scotland to the rest of the UK? They can be autonomous and still integral to Spain?
sorry, what's devolved democracy?

Go on, tell me what the ribbon represents and thus I will understand how you think it’s political.
As above ,an old oakes tree.
I will not rise any longer to your so called "know it all tactics".
By the way FIFA and UEFA didn`t change the rules for players to advertise political statements ... it was for football fans only with banners which could be deemed as insulting,whereby Clubs could be fined.

sorry, what's devolved democracy?

Not sure if that is a serious question but if it is then google is your friend - "Swiss democracy is direct, decentralized and devolved"

Type 'devolved democracy Switzerland' into google search.

As above ,an old oakes tree.
I will not rise any longer to your so called "know it all tactics".
By the way FIFA and UEFA didn`t change the rules for players to advertise political statements ... it was for football fans only with banners which could be deemed as insulting,whereby Clubs could be fined.
Haha. Knew it, you won’t say what it represents as you know you’re wrong so your bowing out. There’s a difference between “know it all tactics” and simply knowing more than you. Stand up for your post, what does the ribbon represent and why is Pep wearing it?

Both UEFA and FIFA did change their rules (which passed you by obviously):

“While political messages have been banned for a number of years around football games — which was the cause of the annual poppy controversy with FIFA — UEFA changed their rules this season to only ban offensive messages.

The FA did not change their own policy, as they did not consider the poppy to be a political symbol.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...a-charged-FA-Catalan-independence-ribbon.html

Well it’s not like they could go to the police to report the crimes perpetrated against them is it.

By the way, if you thinking I’m making these points because of Pep then you’d be wrong. I said the same things at the time it was happening in the thread in off topic.

I’ve no dog in the fight either way, but the Spanish police were beyond brutal and lost all my sympathy for their Madridista cause.

About the brutality, there were 900 people injured on that day, a cipher given by the catalan NHS, strongly controlled by the catalan regional goverment, "slightly injured" It was counted anyone who went to see the doctor. The worst case was of a woman who claimed they broke all her hand's fingers. It was showed that was a complete lie.

Ugly scenes were seen that day, that's obvious. But scenes like that and worst are seen regularly.The same "mossos d'esquadra" (catalan regional police) have been in worst scenes than that

Haha. Knew it, you won’t say what it represents as you know you’re wrong so your bowing out. There’s a difference between “know it all tactics” and simply knowing more than you. Stand up for your post, what does the ribbon represent and why is Pep wearing it?

Both UEFA and FIFA did change their rules (which passed you by obviously):

“While political messages have been banned for a number of years around football games — which was the cause of the annual poppy controversy with FIFA — UEFA changed their rules this season to only ban offensive messages.

The FA did not change their own policy, as they did not consider the poppy to be a political symbol.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...a-charged-FA-Catalan-independence-ribbon.html
Catalonia (Spain)[edit]
In Catalonia, the yellow ribbon started being used in late October 2017 by proponents of Catalan independence as a symbol of solidarity with the leaders of two secessionist organizations, ANC and Òmnium Cultural, (Jordi Cuixart and Jordi Sànchez). Arrested by the Spanish state on accusations of rioting, sedition, rebellion and embezzlement, the Catalan independence movement considers them to be political prisoners.

In November 2017, the meaning of the ribbon broadened to include eight members of the regional government arrested and held without bail for their role in organising a referendum on Catalan independence, as well as catalan president Carles Puigdemont and four other members, who had fled to Brussels to avoid arrest and to seek broader European support for their cause. On February 17, 2018, a leading figure of the Catalan politics, Anna Gabriel, also left Spain and fled to Switzerland before a trial of catalan political leaders facing possible charges of sedition and rebellion over their role in Catalonia's independence referendum[6][7][8].

FC Barcelona ex-player and coach, and current Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, notable follower of the Catalonian cause, has been seen wearing it.[9] "Because, OK, they can suspend me for doing that but the other people are in jail. If they want to suspend me – Uefa, Premier League, Fifa – it’s OK.” said Guardiola in December 2017.[10]

Catalonia (Spain)[edit]
In Catalonia, the yellow ribbon started being used in late October 2017 by proponents of Catalan independence as a symbol of solidarity with the leaders of two secessionist organizations, ANC and Òmnium Cultural, (Jordi Cuixart and Jordi Sànchez). Arrested by the Spanish state on accusations of rioting, sedition, rebellion and embezzlement, the Catalan independence movement considers them to be political prisoners.

In November 2017, the meaning of the ribbon broadened to include eight members of the regional government arrested and held without bail for their role in organising a referendum on Catalan independence, as well as catalan president Carles Puigdemont and four other members, who had fled to Brussels to avoid arrest and to seek broader European support for their cause. On February 17, 2018, a leading figure of the Catalan politics, Anna Gabriel, also left Spain and fled to Switzerland before a trial of catalan political leaders facing possible charges of sedition and rebellion over their role in Catalonia's independence referendum[6][7][8].

FC Barcelona ex-player and coach, and current Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, notable follower of the Catalonian cause, has been seen wearing it.[9] "Because, OK, they can suspend me for doing that but the other people are in jail. If they want to suspend me – Uefa, Premier League, Fifa – it’s OK.” said Guardiola in December 2017.[10]
So you’re aware that the ribbon is in solidarity with two democratically men being imprisoned. Super.

And I’m glad you’re conceding that UEFA and FIFA have changed their rules as per my link.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.