Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was ok. The game flowed. He may not have booked them for diving but he didn’t fall for it. Didn’t feel the need to use VAR on anything.

All in all. Solid. Cheating players don’t help refs job.

I thought he was ok. The game flowed. He may not have booked them for diving but he didn’t fall for it. Didn’t feel the need to use VAR on anything.

All in all. Solid. Cheating players don’t help refs job.

There was a VAR referral for the second goal checking Sane's offside position. Don't know if that came from Pawson or the VAR team themselves.

There was a VAR referral for the second goal checking Sane's offside position. Don't know if that came from Pawson or the VAR team themselves.

It worked well then because it didn’t detract from the celebrations of the players or fans. Exactly how it should work. Maybe Pawson learnt a bit from his overuse of it in the Liverpool game

Aubameyang was offside for their first chance, although I presume in future we’re going to see play continue and then ruled out by VAR as the linesman and referee won’t want to stop a potential goal just in case they’re wrong. Other than nutting wheelchair I though Pawson was as good as we can hope for these days, hopefully being under the VAR microscope stops the blatant cheating.

Tough to do your thing with VAR in place.
Exactly we'll never know if the dive early on would have been a nailed on pen.

Thought he did ok apart from not booking the dive & allowing Wiltshire to throw himself around and mouth off without any reprecussions

Pretty sure it also said on Sky that he checked with VAR about Sergio's goal too, and they were quickly happy it wasn't a foul, seamless for both if true, and as it should be.

I missed that, but as you say it was pretty seamless if he did. If the temptation with VAR is to allow play to go on for something he might have blown for if VAR wasn't in play and then to check with VAR if a goal is scored that seems to me the right way to go about it. If Ospina had saved either effort there's nothing to debate, and if there is a good reason to disallow either goal then there is no harm done other than the supporters joy is short lived - but that happens when a goal is disallowed for offside anyway (e.g. Jesus' 'winner' against the rags last season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.